Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 3, 2013, 08:54 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default ASUSí Transformer Book Trio is a Desktop, Tablet and Notebook

Though Computex doesnít officially begin until tomorrow in Taiwan, ASUS has already announced what is sure to be one of the more innovative products of the show: the Transformer Book Trio.

What makes the Transformer Book Trio interesting is its hybrid nature ó hyped before the show as WeTransform ó as a notebook, tablet, and desktop. In one mode the device is a Windows 8 ultrabook complete with an Intel Corei7 4500U, in the other itís an Android Tablet powered by a 2GHz Intel Atom Z2580. Finally, in its third mode, itís a desktop computer after detaching the screen and plugging in the keyboard/body contraption into a compatible monitor.

Read more here: ASUS? Transformer Book Trio is a Desktop, Tablet and Notebook | Hardware Canucks
Old June 3, 2013, 09:18 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

This might be the device I'm looking for.. Really want a (suppose old style these days) graphics tablet that isn't bulky but has good performance for light photoshop work and also the mobility of a tab.

Wonder if it will work/be accurate enough with a stylus?
Old June 3, 2013, 12:00 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

IIRC ASUS already done something like this, but in a bigger form factor (22 inch touchscreen). Will try to find a link to it...

EDIT: Found the AIO I was thinking about: ASUS Transformer AiO Any idea it will function similar to this?

It is a real cool design, but after reading the article, I'm a little confused. Can it be used as a Windows tablet? Can the keyboard be used on the Android OS?
Old June 3, 2013, 07:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltron 3030 View Post
IIRC ASUS already done something like this, but in a bigger form factor (22 inch touchscreen). Will try to find a link to it...

EDIT: Found the AIO I was thinking about: ASUS Transformer AiO Any idea it will function similar to this?

It is a real cool design, but after reading the article, I'm a little confused. Can it be used as a Windows tablet? Can the keyboard be used on the Android OS?
No and no, if it follows the desktop.

I don't want Android on my Windows Tablet/Ultrabook. I want Windows, plain and simple. The i5/i7 should be in the tablet, and the keyboard "dock" should just include some extra I/O connectors and an extended battery. If Android really must be included as a "feature", integrate a small ARM board into the tablet alongside the Intel.

Since we recently got the Lenovo Helix in the office, that's close to what I want in a device. Just that the tablet is a bit thick and heavy for my liking.
Old June 3, 2013, 10:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'll take both girls in the press release.

Tablets are still up for grabs
Old June 14, 2013, 10:09 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltron 3030 View Post

Jeez, that thing is massive...I imagine this is a pretty niche device.