Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 27, 2013, 04:38 PM
Rookie

Default Tablet repair in Vancouver?

Hi

My Asus Transformer Prime TF201 is out of Asus' warranty. However since I bought it on my RBC Visa card they extend the warranty by 1 year.

Does anyone know of someplace who may be able to repair tablets? This one has got white cloudyness on the screen itself only visible when the tablet is on and obviously on dark backgrounds, about an 1inch square. Now RBC will only approve and pay if it would have been covered under Asus original warranty. So I need to find a shop that will give me a written quote (either to repair or that it is unrepairable) so I can get it approved by RBC before I spend the money.

I don't want to send to Asus (expensive shipping, etc) if I don't have to. I would be willing to pay a nominal fee of $20 for a written quote one way or the other.

Thanks for any helpful tips or advice. D
Old May 28, 2013, 01:44 PM
Allstar

Well there are plenty of shops that say they can repair tablets but can you trust them? It sounds like the best bet is just send it back to Asus. How much is shipping anyway? I can foresee it being more than $30 if it's by ground within Canada. Would RBC Visa cover the initial estimate cost?
Old June 2, 2013, 05:28 PM
MVP

My System Specs

There is a shop in Chrystal Mall beside Metrotown that repairs phones, tablets and laptops pretty reliably.
Old June 2, 2013, 05:57 PM
Rookie

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.