Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 22, 2013, 04:47 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Default Need Some Serious Help from the HWC Community!

Ok, HWC Community, need some help here.

I bought a brand new Motorola Atrix HD off Kijiji (yes I know, don't say anything about this please). The phone works and it is brand new BUT the guy selling it lied and told me it was unlocked. It's not.....worse it's locked to Bell Mobility.

So my Question to the HWC Community is, Is there anyone here that can help me get an unlock code for free? If not then i'm selling it. It's a shame because it's a nice phone, but I'm with Rogers and working with very limited funds at the moment.

Thanks for any Help
Old May 22, 2013, 04:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There isn't a way to unlock it for free, mostly only samsung phones have tools to unlock them, only option is to buy an unlock code off ebay for around $15.
Old May 22, 2013, 06:07 AM
Allstar

Google some phone forums there are people that will unlock for $3-$5. Did it with my last phone when I went traveling.
Old May 22, 2013, 06:38 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenor View Post
Ok, HWC Community, need some help here.

I bought a brand new Motorola Atrix HD off Kijiji (yes I know, don't say anything about this please). The phone works and it is brand new BUT the guy selling it lied and told me it was unlocked. It's not.....worse it's locked to Bell Mobility.

So my Question to the HWC Community is, Is there anyone here that can help me get an unlock code for free? If not then i'm selling it. It's a shame because it's a nice phone, but I'm with Rogers and working with very limited funds at the moment.

Thanks for any Help
Get the exact model number of your phone and head over to XDA forums and look through the general and QA sections. If you don't see a thread there search each section.

For some phones when Jelly Bean was released there was a dialer method to get the phone unlocked for free...one actually currently exists for the Galaxy S4, but I am mostly familiar with Samsung (hence why I did not link to the specific Atrix forum for you...there may be submodels which will make a difference).

So XDA is your friend as long as you make sure you do proper searches first..if not, you will be flooded with several unhelpful replies telling you to search.

Some search queries to use:
network unlock
sim unlock

Don't get sim unlock confused with bootloader unlock as they are not the same.
Fold for team #54196
Old May 22, 2013, 06:48 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

ok, problem solved, just got an unlock code. Thank you everyone for your help.