Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 21, 2013, 04:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default My first Windows phone Nokia 520

Got this from Koodo for free for adding another line to my account. Sure I have to pay out the $150 tab for it, but seeing how I've been with them for 3 years, I'm not planning on going anywhere soon. I have to say I am quite impressed with the performance of this phone, I can't help like the clean environment and the great performance.

Not sure if I'll give up Android phones for good, but I am quite impressed with this little phone. Anyone else using Windows phones?
Old May 21, 2013, 06:26 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Used a windows phone for a brief while, but the store just wasn't developed enough for me to stay on the platform. Not enough apps maaaaan. Not sure if this is still the case.
Old May 21, 2013, 06:35 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
I have to say I am quite impressed with the performance of this phone, I can't help like the clean environment and the great performance.
I read this a lot. Many mobile enthusiasts and critics consider it to be, by far, the best performing OS on low and mid ranged hardware, and perhaps the best overall mobile OS.
Old May 22, 2013, 01:47 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah. The phone I had was smooooooth as butter.
Old May 22, 2013, 05:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

App store is still somewhat lacking, although there are enough there to keep me amused. The phone I got has some decent hardware specs in it. If they ever get the kind of app development that Android has it would be a very viable alternative for many.
Old May 22, 2013, 06:05 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I don't think Windows Phone will ever improve as far as app development goes. It's simply not a dominant platform and I don't think it ever will be. iOS and Android own the mobile market and most likely always will. If anything, Android will take over and be the only dominant OS.

If Nokia put Android on the Lumia 920, I would seriously consider it. The amazing camera quality that Nokia delivers is something Android sorely lacks.

As far as smoothness goes, with current hardware and Android 4.2 that included "Project Butter", Android is very smooth now too. No visible lag on my Nexus 4.
Old May 22, 2013, 08:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I've got the Lumina 800. Perfect phone for me, it is not too big, it is quick enough, and the battery lasts more than a day. That being said, the maps applications and the browser are absolute garbage. I dont bother using them anymore because of how terrible they are. As a Phone and Email device, it doesnt get much better though!

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old May 22, 2013, 08:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Love my HTC 8S. I primarily use my phone for texting, music, and Reddit, and with Baconit being the best reddit app for a phone (IMO) I really can't complain. I'm not an app junkie, so I find their app store offerings more than enough to satisfy me. I never even use the Facebook app because the integration into the OS is so good!
Old May 22, 2013, 01:30 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
I don't think Windows Phone will ever improve as far as app development goes. It's simply not a dominant platform and I don't think it ever will be. iOS and Android own the mobile market and most likely always will. If anything, Android will take over and be the only dominant OS.

If Nokia put Android on the Lumia 920, I would seriously consider it. The amazing camera quality that Nokia delivers is something Android sorely lacks.

As far as smoothness goes, with current hardware and Android 4.2 that included "Project Butter", Android is very smooth now too. No visible lag on my Nexus 4.
I agree. But to be honest, I never thought Android would become a dominant platform. I'm talking way back in 3GS and 4 days though, when Android wasn't all that popular yet. I always told myself "Why would I switch to Android? The store will never be as good as the App Store." Look at it now . I guess anything can happen.
Old May 22, 2013, 02:06 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I got my Lumia 920 and it's great, there's absolutely no flaws to it with the exception of no removable battery or external storage. At launch WP8 crashed once every month but after the update, it stopped crashing and is smooth, plus the battery lasts the whole day for me, of course I don't play games on it lol.