Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 21, 2013, 01:33 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default iOS 6.1.3 lockscreen Exploit found.. already...

SOURCE: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/iPh...New,21652.html

Ok this has to be a record, the version 6.1.3 has been exploited, and it just came out this week. It gets better... it's even easier now to go through the lock screen, compare to the older version and here's how:

"All you need is for voice dialing to be enabled and to pull out the SIM card mid-call. This brings up the dialer and from there you can access photos, call history, and more."

Good job Apple, that's some solid programming you did there ;)

Now I feel sorry for companies who switched to iPhones....
Old March 21, 2013, 06:45 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

And you keep hearing about the Samsung exploits for the lock screen, but those are nearly impossible to get in.
Yup, Apple iOS just works...
Old March 23, 2013, 08:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sure, its an exploit.

But you need access to the phone...mid call? I dont think this is a real world exploit to garner information is it? Or do I misunderstand the exploit?
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old March 23, 2013, 12:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Sure, its an exploit.

But you need access to the phone...mid call? I dont think this is a real world exploit to garner information is it? Or do I misunderstand the exploit?
You can make emergency calls on any cell phone without having to go through the lock screen. Make an emergency call then pull out the sim card and Bob's your uncle.