Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 18, 2013, 06:46 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Default Minuum keyboard for mobile devices: this looks awesome!

Check out the full video...this looks freaking amazing...I have seen this posted to a few tech sites today:
The Minuum Keyboard Project - YouTube
Fold for team #54196
Old March 18, 2013, 06:51 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

wow..that's smart. wonder how well it works though
its so simple its brilliant.
I like how they used a simple sharp ir sensor to show the idea.

Thanks for sharing
Old March 18, 2013, 07:06 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I just threw $5 into this one. Never funded something like this before but its actually something I might use if it works as promised. ("IF" of course!)
Fold for team #54196
Old March 18, 2013, 08:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am not sure if that is a good thing , it is bad enough when people misspell when this gets bigger the people that use it the longest pretty much will lose how to spell properly I was embarrassed for him when I took my nephew who was 18 yr s old at the time to a bank to help him set up a bank account and when they asked him to sign his name he printed it this was because he never really had to sign anything because in school they have it set up the Know student gets left behind , in other word there is no failure and because of this he didn't learn this basic skill . so if you take this type of tech and introduce it to this generation or even the next gen then will lose abilities that most of us take advantage of .
Old March 18, 2013, 10:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

Something like this makes my brain hurt! How can you possibly be accurate with a keyboard like that? The brain is used to the qwerty keyboard and hence why we can use it so well. Switch to DVORAK and see how long it takes you to retrain your brain over again then go back to a QWERTY.
Old March 19, 2013, 07:50 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I personally don't understand this keyboard either, but I guess I'll have to try it when it's out and see how it works.
So far though, I absolutely love SwiftKey, so it's going to be a tough switch.
Old March 19, 2013, 08:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
I personally don't understand this keyboard either, but I guess I'll have to try it when it's out and see how it works.
So far though, I absolutely love SwiftKey, so it's going to be a tough switch.
Swiftkey is probably the best keyboard replacement for Android right now. So many people never use it and have no clue what they are missing out on.
Old March 19, 2013, 08:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
hehe I just noticed how you spelled Calgary , there are a couple of roads in Abbotsford that need to be spelled in that fashion so that people pronounce them properly