Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 11, 2013, 03:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

Who on earth would think Samsung is a good brand for a laptop? They are the furthest thing EVER! TVs and phones are their specialty.
Old April 11, 2013, 03:09 PM
MVP

Laptops are not something I have a clue about. My first choices were Asus, Lenovo and Samsung but I was working with a budget of around $500-$600. The samsung was a pre-xmas sale so it was pretty cheap at the time and the specs were better than the competition. It was also a "new" model at that time as well. They all loved the laptop when they received it and were quite impressed at the build quality, performance and clarity of the display. Its the RMA process thats been the big let down.
Old April 11, 2013, 03:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by igot6strings View Post
Laptops are not something I have a clue about. My first choices were Asus, Lenovo and Samsung but I was working with a budget of around $500-$600. The samsung was a pre-xmas sale so it was pretty cheap at the time and the specs were better than the competition. It was also a "new" model at that time as well. They all loved the laptop when they received it and were quite impressed at the build quality, performance and clarity of the display. Its the RMA process thats been the big let down.
You can buy a decent Asus for that price! Even a Lenovo!
Old April 11, 2013, 03:15 PM
MVP

Oh I agree. At the time it was the best deal specs wise for my nephews needs. It also had to be "local" so it had to be from Best Buy/FS so that limited the selection quite a bit. My sister doesn't understand that most tech items have to be shipped off if there is an issue. We're in Newfoundland, there is no where but big box stores and rip off stores that sell gear here. I made plenty of suggestions for laptops from NCIX but nope.
Old April 11, 2013, 04:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

by the pic to me looks its a driver issue not a crack screen but may be MB that's cracked .......if screen was cracked will see bleeding, blotching

go after place that shipped the laptop
Old April 11, 2013, 05:07 PM
MVP

Yeah shes been hounding them but all they say is its a problems with the RMA centre. Shes not the first person to experience this bs either, the manager told her it happens quite frequently with that RMA centre. It seems like it needs to be addressed more on the corporate level rather than with a manager at a local BB. Samsung seems like one of those companies where its impossible to get any sort of communications to anyone who actually gives a rats ass. Its too bad we don't have a rep here as that would be ideal. Someone to just give a heads up to that their RMA centre is screwing everyone and giving Samsung a bad name.

No matter what the issue was it should of been fixed by now. The thing was brand new, they should of just sent him a New or Refurb with his HDD in it, fixed his and used it as the next refurb replacement for the next guy but instead they lie and demand hundreds of dollars in repairs when something was clearly not physically damaged. I think the RMA centre is scamming stupid people who buy computers at BB/FS. They know they know absolutely nothing about PCs and they take advantage of it. They also know they have disposable income as they are shopping at a bigbox store. Perfect mark for a con. I honestly think they need to be investigated. The local store managers know its happening I don't think management care simply because their jobs are dealing with idiots all day long already. They don't want to make their day any more depressing than it already is. They also know they can tell the customer anything and most are too stupid not to believe it.
Old April 13, 2013, 05:52 AM
MVP

Apparently the RMA centre has no idea where the laptop is. Best Buy gave her a credit for what she paid and she bought a much better laptop with an i5 3230m and 8750 gpu in it for only $50 more. Much better than an A10 4600.
Old April 13, 2013, 07:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Good to hear. Now, no more talk of Samsung laptops. Pretend it never happened.