Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 15, 2013, 08:16 PM
Associate Review Editor

Default The Future of Mobile Computing?

Click on image to enlarge

Not yet convinced, but it's fun to dream and toy around with current capabilities
Old February 15, 2013, 08:17 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Hahaha yeah, cept the screen is too damn small :P

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 15, 2013, 08:20 PM
Associate Review Editor

Indeed, that's why I plugged it into a TV.

However, even with the 4.65" screen on the Galaxy Nexus I can do some work for ~30 minutes without getting too much eye strain. I'm thinking the Galaxy Note 2's 5.5-inch screen might just be passable.
Old February 15, 2013, 08:41 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah I'd love to give one of those a spin on that to see what can be done. Don't get me wrong I think its awesome what you did there, just too small for my eyes.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 15, 2013, 09:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

I think ultimately this is what Microsoft is trying to achieve with Windows 8. Admittedly they arent doing a great job at it. Personally while I can see Windows working in this kind of manner in the future (having a docking system where you plug the phone into a keyboard/monitor/mouse setup, I do not see android or iOS being capable of delivering a satisfactory experience on the desktop.

You can do this with the current Surfaces
Old February 18, 2013, 01:14 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

But does it have WiDi?
Old February 18, 2013, 01:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

will it play crysis?
Old February 24, 2013, 07:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

Been thinking and really desktop versions of this really don't have much potential in my mind, they just cant compete with a graphics card that is 6x the size of the phone at least. BUT it has huge potential elsewhere. Cars for example, imagine plugging your phone into your car and getting a carified version of your phone's os on that screen in the middle.