Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 15, 2013, 09:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Which phone S3, Razr HD LTE, Nexus 4, or Other?

So right now I have a Motorola Razr and I really like it. Honestly it is a great phone but it doesn't have an 720p screen and the battery is not the greatest. So because of that and other reasons (like maybe someone else paying for it) I am looking at what phone to get if I can get one.The phones I have been looking at are the Samsung Galaxy S3, the Motorola Razr HD LTE, LG Nexus 4, maybe the HTC One X and even maybe consider the Note 2, but I think it might be too big.

I really like the Motorola because of the build of the phone. It can take a beating and still goes strong, without an extra case. With the S3 I feel like I would need to get a case and frankly cases suck. Battery wise I know that the Razr has the longest life but it is not removable. So anyone got anything to chip in about what they would get now? And no this is not something that can wait until newer phones come. I really am torn as to what I should get.

Old February 15, 2013, 09:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'd get the Note 2, but the SG3 and the Nexus4 seems to be getting good reviews as well.
Old February 15, 2013, 10:09 AM
F@H

My System Specs

The main benefit of the Nexus 4 is that you always have the latest Android updates which generally speaking leads to far less bloatware and thus better performance and battery life. It's also well supported by community projects too like CyanogenMod, AOKP, Parandroid, etc.

I actually gave my brother the SGS3 and got the Nexus 4. I find the Nexus 4 runs a lot smoother.
Old February 15, 2013, 10:34 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Isn't S4 just around the corner? If you can wait for that, that'd probably be the one.

Though I'm an iPhone guy, the only android phone I think I'd consider using is probably the Nexus 4.
Old February 15, 2013, 10:44 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

i would say get the razr hd
great build quality
great battery life (something really rare in the smartphone market these days)
Old February 15, 2013, 12:01 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
The main benefit of the Nexus 4 is that you always have the latest Android updates which generally speaking leads to far less bloatware and thus better performance and battery life. It's also well supported by community projects too like CyanogenMod, AOKP, Parandroid, etc.

I actually gave my brother the SGS3 and got the Nexus 4. I find the Nexus 4 runs a lot smoother.
I thought the Nexus 4 has a horrendous battery life?
Old February 15, 2013, 12:03 PM
Allstar

BB Z10 :p
Old February 15, 2013, 12:39 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Rumors from SamMobile are that Samsung will be releasing the S4 in March so it should be available in North America by the middle of April. If the "leaked" specs are true, it should be an absolute beast.
Old February 15, 2013, 01:05 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Note II works with no lag for me. Removable battery, but the battery life is amazing anyways. If you want one right now, go with that. Agreed that the S4 should be excellent.

Optimus G looks good spec-wise, but I have not paid much attention to real world usage. The New Sony Xperias are in the same boat.
Fold for team #54196
Old February 15, 2013, 02:47 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinraCorp View Post
I thought the Nexus 4 has a horrendous battery life?
Gets me through the day fine, and if you swap out the kernel and a couple tweaks here and there, you can get 2 days out of it as well. All depends on usage though.