Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Mobile Computing (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mobile-computing/)
-   -   Which phone S3, Razr HD LTE, Nexus 4, or Other? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mobile-computing/59708-phone-s3-razr-hd-lte-nexus-4-other.html)

ipaine February 15, 2013 10:22 AM

Which phone S3, Razr HD LTE, Nexus 4, or Other?

So right now I have a Motorola Razr and I really like it. Honestly it is a great phone but it doesn't have an 720p screen and the battery is not the greatest. So because of that and other reasons (like maybe someone else paying for it) I am looking at what phone to get if I can get one.The phones I have been looking at are the Samsung Galaxy S3, the Motorola Razr HD LTE, LG Nexus 4, maybe the HTC One X and even maybe consider the Note 2, but I think it might be too big.

I really like the Motorola because of the build of the phone. It can take a beating and still goes strong, without an extra case. With the S3 I feel like I would need to get a case and frankly cases suck. Battery wise I know that the Razr has the longest life but it is not removable. So anyone got anything to chip in about what they would get now? And no this is not something that can wait until newer phones come. I really am torn as to what I should get.

Perineum February 15, 2013 10:38 AM

I'd get the Note 2, but the SG3 and the Nexus4 seems to be getting good reviews as well.

JD February 15, 2013 11:09 AM

The main benefit of the Nexus 4 is that you always have the latest Android updates which generally speaking leads to far less bloatware and thus better performance and battery life. It's also well supported by community projects too like CyanogenMod, AOKP, Parandroid, etc.

I actually gave my brother the SGS3 and got the Nexus 4. I find the Nexus 4 runs a lot smoother.

ultraman7k February 15, 2013 11:34 AM

Isn't S4 just around the corner? If you can wait for that, that'd probably be the one.

Though I'm an iPhone guy, the only android phone I think I'd consider using is probably the Nexus 4.

chubaka February 15, 2013 11:44 AM

i would say get the razr hd
great build quality
great battery life (something really rare in the smartphone market these days)

ShinraCorp February 15, 2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD (Post 690771)
The main benefit of the Nexus 4 is that you always have the latest Android updates which generally speaking leads to far less bloatware and thus better performance and battery life. It's also well supported by community projects too like CyanogenMod, AOKP, Parandroid, etc.

I actually gave my brother the SGS3 and got the Nexus 4. I find the Nexus 4 runs a lot smoother.

I thought the Nexus 4 has a horrendous battery life?

NyteOwl February 15, 2013 01:03 PM

BB Z10 :p

NSdeadly1 February 15, 2013 01:39 PM

Rumors from SamMobile are that Samsung will be releasing the S4 in March so it should be available in North America by the middle of April. If the "leaked" specs are true, it should be an absolute beast.

chrisk February 15, 2013 02:05 PM

Note II works with no lag for me. Removable battery, but the battery life is amazing anyways. If you want one right now, go with that. Agreed that the S4 should be excellent.

Optimus G looks good spec-wise, but I have not paid much attention to real world usage. The New Sony Xperias are in the same boat.

JD February 15, 2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinraCorp (Post 690790)
I thought the Nexus 4 has a horrendous battery life?

Gets me through the day fine, and if you swap out the kernel and a couple tweaks here and there, you can get 2 days out of it as well. All depends on usage though.