Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 30, 2013, 02:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigFOIG View Post
I like it. RIM always reminded me of a butthole.
Aaaaand there it is, folks!
Old January 30, 2013, 04:10 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Decent device, but 2 years too late I'd say. It doesn't look quite as streamlined as some of the current Android devices personally. Although it looks like a corporate device, they're really investing in the consumer market more so it seems which I'm not sure is the wisest thing. I don't see people dropping their iPhones or Galaxy devices for this.
I think this device's key goal is to stop people with BB's from gravitating to iOS and Android slabs. I count myself as one of them and Android won me over. Had this phone been out at the time I switched platforms, I would've likely stayed with BB. I'm sure there's others like me out there.
Old January 30, 2013, 04:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Since I'm unemployed right now I wonder how hard it is to get a RIM job? I like working with my Blackberries.
Old January 30, 2013, 08:11 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

re branding is the first step i guess. They have alienated and threw all their developers under the proverbial bus. If they can't win back any app-dev's they will continue to have 2nd class consumer product unfortunately.
Old January 30, 2013, 09:25 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
Since I'm unemployed right now I wonder how hard it is to get a RIM job? I like working with my Blackberries.
LOL. I can see their new motto now: "The darker the berry...the sweeter the juice". Man the marketing team could have soooo much fun with this name change. :P

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 31, 2013, 04:07 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Its all about developer support. It has really improved for Android over the past year.

Agree with what has been said for the most part; BB fans will eat this up, but too many BB users have moved to other platforms and I doubt they will come back any time soon.
Fold for team #54196
Old January 31, 2013, 04:52 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

The one thing that kills me about the Z10 is (once again) the lack of a good camera. What's it take to include a properly functioning unit on a $599 phone!?
Old January 31, 2013, 06:13 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Its all about developer support. It has really improved for Android over the past year.

Agree with what has been said for the most part; BB fans will eat this up, but too many BB users have moved to other platforms and I doubt they will come back any time soon.
Pretty much this. I haven't seen the re-vamp but RIM's developer program used to require NDAs, faxing, form turn-around instead of Apple/Android's $1xx sign-up for developer kit.
Old January 31, 2013, 06:15 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
The one thing that kills me about the Z10 is (once again) the lack of a good camera. What's it take to include a properly functioning unit on a $599 phone!?
Have you seen it? I have read some reviews that it is a 'good' camera, just not a great one, particularly in low light. It seems like an odd choice but I am looking either Z10 or Note2 fairly soon and still/video is a feature that am interested in for the 1st time.
Old January 31, 2013, 06:40 AM
Allstar

I think you guys would be surprised at the amount of people interested in this blackberry device. Basically it's going to come down to user experience and apps. If they've put out a decent operating system that's on par with Android and Apple with enough apps to cover what most people need then I can see this being a success. I've had quite a few people ask me about their new phone, a lot more than I expected really.

I for one am waiting to see how the reviews are going to be over the next few months before deciding between it and Android for my next phone.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N