Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

one man's shit is another man's gold. lol

your specs are too relative
Old January 26, 2013, 04:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

You're talking about photoshop. Seriously, it's photoshop. I use it everyday all day. It's not like trying to run some live rendering 3D graphics software. As I said I can run CS6 on my generations old desktop no problem. I can run CS3 on my Vista laptop no problem. You want minimum specs... there you go, lol.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old January 26, 2013, 05:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Again thats cs3.. cs6 will be what she is running.. My old laptop runs cs3 no problem but locks and freezes with cs5.

As said she is using a q6700 as her work machine.. Whats a modern mobile cpu equivalent from red and green?

Starting to be sorry I asked and didn't go just look up a few reviews and benches instead of thinking I could get a straight and simple answer.
Old January 28, 2013, 10:40 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Sorry I don't have an answer like CPU A = CPU B. I don't know what the big deal is though? Adobe claims you can run CS6 on a P4.

https://www.adobe.com/products/creat...ech-specs.html

And judging by the performance on my AMD 64x2 I would concur. Not the hardcore motion graphics stuff though. But I would gather Photoshop would run just fine if not just a little slow when using some filters or special effects (like Radial blur). But it doesn't sound like your GF needs that anyways.

I haven't tried CS6 on my Core 2 Duo T7500 mobile CPU but since that CPU is better than my desktop CPU I would once again gather Photoshop CS6 would run just swimmingly on it. I don't think CPU is going to be your bottleneck on a modern laptop anyways. Especially anything with a Core i5 or better. Make sure she has at least 4GB Ram (more like 6-8 to add some padding imo) and you'll be in business. Photoshop CS6 also takes advantage of modern GPUs to take some load off of the CPU. So if she's got a dedicated GPU on the machine, you are even better off.

As I mentioned earlier... work laptops that IT gets their hands on run like crap around here. Because they have god knows what hogging resources. So it is not a good base to make a judgement on. If a mobile Core i5 can't handle Photoshop than how in heaven's name can it handle CPU intensive modern games like Total War or other strategy titles with armies abound on a map?

It's just Photoshop buddy. Not exactly the pinnacle of resource intensive computing nowadays. I work with hi-res 150MB tif files with sometimes dozens of layers bloating the files to 100s of MBs, sometimes even over a GB. Your GF's comic art should be no problem on any modern PC.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old January 28, 2013, 11:18 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

That is helpful.. thank you.

P>S> wasn't in the best of moods the last few days, sorry if I offended anyone.