Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 15, 2013, 07:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

News I'm seeing says Samsung is backing away from Windows RT for just this reason.
I'm interested to see if things will actually get worse when the Surface Pro comes out. You'll have two very similar devices (less than a centimetre difference in height, and even less in thickness) from the same company, and on the Start screen they'll look exactly the same on-screen. I wonder how many times the following scenario will play out:
1) "A" sees a Surface Pro in action from some place running an x86 program
2) "A" goes to the store to get one, but finds the RT Surface cheaper, so buys it
3) "A" tries to do the same thing as the Surface Pro
(...)
Old January 15, 2013, 09:41 PM
Rookie

I had the same problem understanding why people didn't get this immediately, but then again I had to remember not all people are tech savvy.