Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 4, 2013, 01:58 PM
Allstar
F@H

Default reboot/restart issues with ICS stock and JB ROM

Phone is LG Nitro HD. I got it last March with Gingerbread and updated to ICS in September. Everything was fine for a couple of weeks then reboot or BSOD started happening. Sometimes once every 2-3 days then it got to 3-4 times a day, sometimes just sitting by itself and sometimes while texting or using other apps. I would factory reset it and it would help for a week or so. It was sent for repair but I think they just did a factory reset which helped for a couple of weeks and then back to BSOD or reboot.

I got fed up with it 3 weeks ago and installed a CM10.1 based ROM, in Alpha, but same symptoms. There are times, when phone was in my jacket and I walked the dog and I try using the phone as soon as I got in the house it would reboot (or anytime it got cold).

Any of your Android phones have these symptoms? I am thinking of just reverting to Gingerbread to be at least fully functional, never had a reboot with GB. My wife's Note 1 had battery issues after updating to ICS but that's been fixed after a few factory resets and hers work just fine.

Old January 4, 2013, 07:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

Post over at XDA too, see if there is a thread there already about it, but I have a feeling you have a hardware issue. Try to go back to gingerbread for the time being to see if you still have these issues. Sounds quite strange. Did you do a complete wipe of the data and caches when you updated to 10.1?
Old January 4, 2013, 07:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_zappa View Post
Phone is LG Nitro HD. I got it last March with Gingerbread and updated to ICS in September. Everything was fine for a couple of weeks then reboot or BSOD started happening. Sometimes once every 2-3 days then it got to 3-4 times a day, sometimes just sitting by itself and sometimes while texting or using other apps. I would factory reset it and it would help for a week or so. It was sent for repair but I think they just did a factory reset which helped for a couple of weeks and then back to BSOD or reboot.

I got fed up with it 3 weeks ago and installed a CM10.1 based ROM, in Alpha, but same symptoms. There are times, when phone was in my jacket and I walked the dog and I try using the phone as soon as I got in the house it would reboot (or anytime it got cold).

Any of your Android phones have these symptoms? I am thinking of just reverting to Gingerbread to be at least fully functional, never had a reboot with GB. My wife's Note 1 had battery issues after updating to ICS but that's been fixed after a few factory resets and hers work just fine.
You didn't say how you flashed the rom but when you do it needs to be properly.
Meaning wipe and start fresh.
Old January 7, 2013, 10:16 AM
Allstar
F@H

I've been checking XDA for a while now and it is a common issue with this phone. Yes, ROM was installed correctly, wiping the caches. I will try to use other ROMs and see if it cures itself.

I wasn't looking for answers but just to compare with other phones if this issue exist after updating to ICS. Thanks.