Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 18, 2012, 08:39 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Samsung Galaxy Note II Review Comment Thread

Samsung's Galaxy Note II melds several great ideas into a single design. A massive 5.5" screen interacts perfectly with a highly responsive stylus and there is processing power aplenty from its quad core processor. This is all wrapped up into a compact design but does the Note II truly represent the next step in mobile evolution?

Read more here: Samsung Galaxy Note II Review
Old December 18, 2012, 10:07 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

The GN2 is simply one of the best tech purchases I have made. Been using it since early Nov.

Just wait until multi-window is available....I am using it now, and it really is usable and useful. I used it last weekend to keep my texts and a map visible at the same time.
Fold for team #54196
Old December 18, 2012, 10:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I love my S3 and end of next month I get to put in my phone request, stuck between the GN2 and the new Samsung windows 8 phone. but in all honesty anythings better then my work iPhone :P haha and if I get another awesome samsung phone I can sell my S3 and be contract free.

Awesome review and just love how you did it, very well done found myself really drawn in on this one, keep up the great work

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Old December 19, 2012, 06:13 AM

Glad you like the format.

The highest accolades I can give a product is to say that it blended seamlessly into my life. That's exactly what this thing did and like I said in the review, I loathe touchscreen input. Unfortunately, it had to be returned to Samsung but I was so impressed by it, I bought one for my girlfriend as a Christmas present. Now I look on with envy whenever she pulls it out.... :(
Old December 19, 2012, 07:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Glad you like the format.

The highest accolades I can give a product is to say that it blended seamlessly into my life. That's exactly what this thing did and like I said in the review, I loathe touchscreen input. Unfortunately, it had to be returned to Samsung but I was so impressed by it, I bought one for my girlfriend as a Christmas present. Now I look on with envy whenever she pulls it out.... :(
As long as thats in the privacy of your own home you two can pull it out anytime.

Wanna be my BF haha jk jk I would love me a tab2. Hope she enjoys it a lot its an amazing unit

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Old December 20, 2012, 02:37 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Using this phone with unlimited data on my plan and honestly this is the best thing ever. Makes iPhones look like a joke IMHO.

By the way Skymtl, next step is buying one for yourself!

Last edited by bigFOIG; December 20, 2012 at 02:49 AM.
Old December 20, 2012, 06:16 AM

I'm shamelessly waiting for the Blackberry London. If it turns out well, I'll stick with Blackberry.
Old December 20, 2012, 07:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This phone is a great piece of hardware with nice specs and features, but one of the most stand out features that this phone has that ALL OTHERS need to model after is the size of the battery. The note2 has fantastic battery life especially for its screen size and all other phones need to go in that direction. We're reaching a point now where faster hardware won't really help much, we have lots of RAM, cameras are just about as good as actual point and shoot cameras... now we need to make these things last 2 days!
Old December 20, 2012, 08:18 AM

I have to agree. The battery is spectacular.....AND replaceable!!!!!
Old December 20, 2012, 09:19 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I have to agree. The battery is spectacular.....AND replaceable!!!!!
For those who like to get an official Samsung battery; you can buy the battery all by itself for $40, or you can buy a battery charging cradle for $40, that includes a free battery :) I got one from eXpansys.

Also, the Note II will charge very quickly if you can get a high amperage charger; the best i was able to find locally was a Blackberry charger that runs at 2.1a. the other charger (I have a car charger that is '2.0a', but is really 2x1.0a) takes much longer of course.
Fold for team #54196