Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 3, 2012, 02:55 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Acer Rolls Out Sub-$400 Ivy Bridge Powered TravelMate B113

Geared towards the student market, or those perpetually on-the-go, Acer has rolled out the ultraportable TravelMate B113.

Powered by an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i3, the B113 looks to find the right balance between budget, power, and portability for those in the market for a laptop but don’t have the appetite for an ultrabook or Macbook Air’s price tag.

Read more here: Acer Rolls Out Sub-$400 Ivy Bridge Powered TravelMate B113 | Hardware Canucks
Old December 3, 2012, 07:50 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm wonder if this would be any good for my father who needs to replace their dying laptop and well to do some of his contract work on (including use of autocad)
Old December 3, 2012, 08:36 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Will only be available through channel sales unfortunately.
Old December 3, 2012, 08:51 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I see a lot of manufacturers are still trying to find a way to market the old NetBook category. They don't want to call them Netbooks anymore since that name left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths but they don't have another angle yet that is appealing.

Old December 3, 2012, 11:07 PM
MVP

My System Specs

11.6" with an i3 processor and Windows 8 -- it's a Surface with a hardwired keyboard! (yes, I'm mostly joking)
Old December 4, 2012, 06:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

In my opinion, netbooks were a great compromise when you didn't need a big notebook. Problem was, notebook prices crumbled at the same time so you could get a decent notebook for the same price as a lesser powered netbook.