Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2, 2012, 06:43 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
Am I the only one thats not at all surprised by this price and is satisfied with it? I was hoping for 800 but was expecting 1k for the entry level pro. Its not high in my mind, your getting a lot more than the non pro model or ipad.

Anyways, I wont be preordering I dont think BUT I do think I will be picking one of these up. Battery life does seem low at 4 hours, I hope that improves, and weight I can live with. Full windows + a stylus should work wonders, RT is too gimped to be useful to me.
Yeah I'll wait for a full review but this might be my laptop replacement if the opinions are high.
Fold for team #54196
Old December 3, 2012, 04:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

People's reactions to this are amusing me no end. What did you expect? This is full windows on intel hardware it was never going to cost anywhere around the ipad. This is a fully functioning windows tablet and deserves its price. High is an incorrect term, I've not seen even a Windows 7 tablet under 1.1k.

For me this wont completely repalce my laptop, mostly because my laptop has more power in it, but this will become more of my portable computer and maybe even my school device. With the mechanical keyboard case for this it should be quite powerful. Laptop will now be a more long term device, travel, planes/ferrys type thing
Old December 3, 2012, 05:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

For what you are getting I also agree this is a good deal. These are the tablets that CAN take over for a laptop on a productivity level. I'd ditch my android tablet tomorrow for one of these if I had the means.
Old December 4, 2012, 05:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

While the price is not a surprise it is still too much. The reason it is too much is because people will still be comparing it to the ipads and android tablets out there. But the real deal breaker is the craptastic battery life. I'm sorry but 4 hours is not enough. They would have been better off adding a few ounces to the weight to put in a larger battery.

I know we have a few people at work waiting to see how these are but they will not be happy with the battery.

That said they should have a 256GB with 8GB ram version. Even though it would cost, I'm sure there are people that would want that extra space and ram.

Old December 4, 2012, 05:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

The poor battery life is what's probably turned me off of this.
Old December 4, 2012, 05:54 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I think this product should fail for a number of reasons. By that, I don't mean it will completely flop and not sell hardly any units. Just by the shear weight of the Windows population and business people looking for a Microsoft tablet to finally arrive, it will sell. No, I mean that from a relative perspective it will not make nearly the impact some of the other portable devices have made in the last couple years.

Microsoft got a number of the features between this and the RT version completely backasswards. First, the screen resolutions should be switched. The RT version should have the higher resolution so that end users can view their media in all its glory... The high resolution on the Pro version just drains the battery quicker and makes operations on the business unit slower when it should be faster (or maybe a compromise resolution?) The complete no brainer to me is that a mobile version of Office should be on the Pro version... Do I even have to explain this one? Those are just a couple but when you add it to the clunky weight and the inflated price (are they trying to outdo Apple?), you get a dud in my mind.