Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Mobile Computing (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mobile-computing/)
-   -   Koodo has a nice new 2GB data unlimited canada talk plan (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mobile-computing/58096-koodo-has-nice-new-2gb-data-unlimited-canada-talk-plan.html)

b1lk1 November 25, 2012 07:58 AM

Koodo has a nice new 2GB data unlimited canada talk plan

I just changed my service to this one, $60 a month and 2GB of data! Hard to beat that right now, even FIDO is only $3 cheaper. Good plans are out there now, if you're looking for better plans, JUMP! Best part about Koodo is no contract.

JD November 25, 2012 08:06 AM

For those who don't talk much, the $60 6GB promo plans during back-to-school season were far better IMO.

$60 is still a fair bit to pay though, especially for what you're getting compared to the cheap brands like Moblicity and Wind.

b1lk1 November 25, 2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD (Post 673298)
For those who don't talk much, the $60 6GB promo plans during back-to-school season were far better IMO.

$60 is still a fair bit to pay though, especially for what you're getting compared to the cheap brands like Moblicity and Wind.

If you are outside Toronto then Mobilicity and Wind are not even an option. I don't like the idea of roaming at all. I've looked at Wind, and even with their pending expansion, their coverage sucks balls. Some of us actually travel outside cities. Right now, I'd be roaming even if I had a local number from them.

I'm not saying it is the best deal out there, but for an unlimited talk deal, this is pretty good on value and there are no roaming charges.

DkRk November 25, 2012 03:34 PM

I got both my folks on the $30 plan so they can actually 'use' their smartphones. Good deal and 200mb of data is more than enough for either of them

It's kind of funny, (and sad,) to have your 70-year-old dad call you at work and rave about how he's getting email in the middle of a park.

b1lk1 November 25, 2012 04:34 PM

Yeah, I need to get a smartphone now. I gave my wife my Galaxy Ace today so I am gonna have to get one very soon. Looking at the Galaxy S2 X that Koodo sells as I can get it for $200 with what I have left on my tab.

Jake_HT November 25, 2012 06:36 PM

I got lucky a few months back with bell I've got 6GB for $60 among fab 10, unlimited texting/pic messaging, caller id.

Desiato November 25, 2012 08:15 PM

Based on what I've read on other forums, the data performance of the new providers seems to suck. There have been times while traveling when hspa tethering using Rogers has been my primary internet connection for weeks at a time. It's always been fast and reliable.

Birk November 25, 2012 08:51 PM

I love my current plan through Urban Mobility.

Unlimited Calling and txting in North America.
6gb data
VM, CD, CF, 3WC
$80/month
Included a new (at the time) IShitphone 4 at no extra cost.

Sagath November 26, 2012 04:58 AM

If you're with a major provider (Bell, Rogers, etc) they will match fido/koodo for these plans. I'm paying $57 a month as of Thursday last week for unlimited everything with 2GB of data, fees in.

Ya just gotta complain enough, but rogers was good to me. Really they should be since Fido is owned by them...

b1lk1 November 26, 2012 05:32 AM

One thing I truly hate about Koodo is the lack of cutting edge phones. The best phone I can get from them right now is the Galaxy S II X, although it is only $250 outright purchase. I'm in the market for a new phone, but I cannot stand the concept of a contract to get an affordable phone. Oh well, last year's tech it is, lol.