Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 2, 2012, 09:23 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default More Mixed News for RIM...

So, in the past 24 hours, we see that RIM's stock is going up because of positive feedback from testing of the BlackBerry 10:

RIM shares rise as new phones enter testing - The Globe and Mail

But we also see some very negative news regarding the future of BlackBerry in the U.S. Federal Government:

BlackBerry's grip on U.S. government phones loosens - World - CBC News

Please sir, I would like to get off this rollercoaster ride... I think I'm going to be sick

Old November 2, 2012, 09:48 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I'm really excited for BB10 actually. The more I see of it, the more I like it.
Old November 2, 2012, 06:41 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I just hope the BB10 phones have solid hardware improvements to go with the OS changes. Most of the companies I've been with have provided curves for field level management and I haven't been terribly impressed with any of the 3 or 4 different ones I've had. I'm not expecting an SIII or an iPhone 5 out of it, but a reliable trackpad, not freezing or shutting down intermittently and a speaker that doesn't go tinny after a month would be nice. Outside of the bolds the phones have felt cheap the last couple of years (at least to me).

Hopefully RIM pulls themselves back up as the enterprise and email integration is really well done, it's one of the few things I can honestly say I'm not impressed with on the android phones in comparison.
Old November 2, 2012, 07:43 PM
Allstar

The problem with RIM isn't it's products so much as it is the management structure. and QNX was always an excellent OS. It will be interesting to see how it works out on phone/tablets.
Old November 3, 2012, 12:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

The more they want you to see of it, the more you like it, more like. Until I can use the device in my hands, I'm ignoring RIM completely. Of course they're going to show off the best of what they got. I want to see the dirty side!