Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 30, 2012, 05:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Android is nearly useless for productivity in the workplace.
Depends on your workplace basic excel sheets and words processing is fine. If you are doing a lot of spreadsheets I would like to know why you are using a tablet in the first place, an Ultrabook is clearly the best choice in that situation.

Honestly this looks like your best option
ASUS - Notebooks- ASUS ASUS ZENBOOK UX21A

Unless you want to wait for the surface pro or try out the RT.
Old October 30, 2012, 06:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
Depends on your workplace basic excel sheets and words processing is fine. If you are doing a lot of spreadsheets I would like to know why you are using a tablet in the first place, an Ultrabook is clearly the best choice in that situation.

Honestly this looks like your best option
ASUS - Notebooks- ASUS ASUS ZENBOOK UX21A

Unless you want to wait for the surface pro or try out the RT.
I have to agree with the Zenbook option, that or the new Lenovo X1. The new 11" Zenbook with the 1080p screen is really nice, pricey, but nice.

Old October 30, 2012, 07:24 PM
Allstar

I will never get an Asus, I read to much horrors story about RMA on the Asus ROG forum
Old October 30, 2012, 11:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by botat29 View Post
I will never get an Asus, I read to much horrors story about RMA on the Asus ROG forum
Asus has some of the best RMA in canada... I have heard a lot more horror stories about Gigabyte, MSI, HP, Dell and Lenovo than I have heard of for Asus. When dealing with large volumes you are going to hear a lot of horror stories but if you read 200 different horror stories that is still a very small percentage considering how many people own Asus products.
Old November 3, 2012, 08:48 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Just wondering, I've found conflicting info on the media formats supported by the Transformer Infinity: some say that it supports avi, mkv, and mp4 files natively with .srt files, while others say that mkv files need to be converted and that the tablet won't support srt subtitles without getting paid apps.

Anyone know for sure? Thanks!!!
Photography/Gaming build: i7-4770K, NH-D14, Z87 Sabertooth, 16GB Ripjaws X, GTX 780 OC DirectCU II 3GB, M500 480GB, Caviar Black 2TB, Dual Red 4TBx2 (RAID 1), XFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold, Graphite Series 600T SE White
HTPC build: i5-750, Hyper 212+, P7P55D Pro, 8GB Ripjaws X, R6970 DirectCU II 2GB, Caviar Black 640GB/2TB, Caviar Green 3TB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, Strider Plus 750W, CM 690 II Advanced
Mobile Media: Asus Transformer Infinity 32GB w/ keyboard dock
Old November 3, 2012, 09:33 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Uhh, piracy is bad, mmmk.

Old November 3, 2012, 09:40 AM
MVP

What's the problem with paid apps?
Old November 3, 2012, 10:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverBender View Post
Uhh, piracy is bad, mmmk.
Sorry but what are you talking about?

He was asking about what formats it supports and if it supports .srt files. Now since it is running ICS, I can say that I am pretty sure it will not support all that was mentioned natively, but you can just get a free third party app to do it. MXplayer should do everything that he mentioned and does support srt files. No Piracy involved at all.

Old November 3, 2012, 02:13 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

He mentioned .mkv files (twice even), which are one of the fav formats of pirates... Sorry you missed that.

Old November 3, 2012, 04:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverBender View Post
He mentioned .mkv files (twice even), which are one of the fav formats of pirates... Sorry you missed that.
Also one of the fav formats of people ripping DVD's/Blu Rays to put on their devices that play them.