Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 5, 2013, 02:21 PM
Trial Member

Default Wind Mobile Service Broadway and MacDonald Area Sucks

I have Wind mobile service. I have been in the area between MacDonald and Balaclava and Broadway and 11th Avenue for the past 2 weeks. Most of the time, my cell does not work. Text, email and internet are intermittent. I have talked to Wind 3 times and am still waiting for this to be fixed. I have used the same model smart phone in this area in the past when I was with Telus and I had no problems.
Old November 28, 2013, 09:13 PM
Trial Member

Thumbs down wind gigs

i pay my plan on the first of every month 40 bucks i get ten gigs on the 15th i ran out of gigs while working online! they cut me off!! i called them they told me my usage was way over the limit of a fair usage policy i said um excuse me? what is unlimited mean then? why not just say fair usage any ways its not nice being lied too so in short from the first till the 15th i was online then cut no connection the month before that i got away with till the 29th before getting cut off an i mean in the middle of banking online processing anyways after ten gigs are up u have too wait till the next bill cycle plus they dont know what there talking about have the time unplug the stick reset the configuration they take me an us for fools im not happy being cut off if i pay a monthly bill i am entitled service for a month...........
Old November 29, 2013, 04:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Have you ever actually read all the TOS? The reason Wind is so cheap is the poor area coverage and such. I am not surprised at all you're cut off after 10gb, cell service in Canada is the worst in the world.
Old November 29, 2013, 06:08 AM
MVP

A cell phone data plan isn't an appropriate replacement for a home internet connection.

That's like taking the "unlimited" ketchup packs from the Burger King by your house to supply your weekly barbecues and then complaining when they cut you off.
Old November 29, 2013, 08:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

"I'm mad they cut me off after 10GB that I practically pay nothing for"

right..... I have no sympathy that they got annoyed at you for using more than 10GB. Try using 10GB with any other cell phone carrier in Canada and have fun with your bill.
Old November 30, 2013, 02:14 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Have you ever actually read all the TOS? The reason Wind is so cheap is the poor area coverage and such.
Based on his language proficiency, I'm surprised he made it past the account creation captcha code.
Old November 30, 2013, 03:08 PM
F@H

My System Specs

While 10GB of mobile data may be "a lot", some people don't have DSL/Cable services and rely solely on mobile data for Internet access. Granted, WIND doesn't service said areas, so it doesn't really apply here.

As per their terms: http://www.windmobile.ca/docs/defaul...y.pdf?sfvrsn=4 they should never cut off your service entirely. After 5GB (or 10GB with premium data addon), you get slowed to 128KB/s and eventually 32KB/s if you continue to use "too much" data.

If WIND is turning off data entirely though, that's pretty disappointing to hear.
Old November 30, 2013, 09:35 PM
Top Prospect

The great thing about Wind is that they don't charge long distance anywhere they have towers, which is very useful for my situation. I'm not sure if any of the big three do this, iirc they would charge long distance when you're out of the city even if they had towers at your location.

Wind's signal penetration isn't good at all; there's a specific building on campus as soon as I walk in I'm roaming lol.
Old November 30, 2013, 09:49 PM
F@H

My System Specs

The Big 3 (and their sub-brands) typically offer Canada-Wide calling now. No more long distance fees.

For $60 you can get unlimited calling with 2GB of data on a solid network. Sure, it's $20 more than WIND and no "unlimited" data, but at least you don't have to worry about roaming charges.
Old November 30, 2013, 10:42 PM
Top Prospect

And a phone as well on a 3 year contract?