Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 24, 2012, 01:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

I just switched from them to Koodo, for the 6 GB plan. But I loved WIND. Only issue is that they didn't cover my house. Don't expect great things from customer care, but if you do it all online, the savings are worth it!

Teletraan I: Asus P5K-E/WIFI, E4500, 2 GB RAM, ATI 3450, Sapphire Theatrix, 2.25TB storage, Antec SP2 400w

Galvatron: Asus M2NPV-VM, 3800+ X2, 2GB RAM, NV8500GT, Seasonic 500w

Tracks: Acer AS5920, C2D 2.1ghz 45nm, 3GB DDR2, NV8600m GT, 250gb hdd

Hound: Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S, AMD 4400+ X2, 1 GB RAM, 2900XT, 500w Seasonic

My Heatware!
| Got RMA? Tell us your experience! | VOIP Help? PM ME!
Old October 24, 2012, 01:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I've been with Koodo for years and they are a great choice, just pray you never have a problem from the close of business Friday until Monday morning.
Old October 24, 2012, 01:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Am I reading that right? $8/month for VOICEMAIL!?
Yes, although I believe that's a bundle that includes call display/party call/etc. Realistically, it's pretty much the same price offered everywhere for that feature, and all added up, it's WAY under what I'm paying with Bell. Even buying out my existing contract, it would pay for itself in 3 months of savings.

Last edited by Caldezar; October 24, 2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old October 24, 2012, 02:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

The problem is very limited coverage, if you aren't in the THEIR specific coverage areas you're roaming and paying roaming fees
Old October 24, 2012, 06:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would love Wind to expand more as I would in a heart beat switch to Wind if they covered all of Southern Ontario. Even with paying a cancellation fee I would save money very quickly.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 26, 2012, 06:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This might be of interest to you: Smart Plans | Plans | Shop | Fido.ca
Old October 26, 2012, 06:52 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I got a buddy who is using it in Ottawa, it's his only phone(no home phone) and he likes it alot. It works good for him since he never leaves Ottawa other then to go to GTA.

Recently I got a kickass plan via rogers retention however so I cant complain... 55$ a month unlimited talk 24/7 with 1 gig of data, Voicemail/call display and a iPhone 4S thrown in.
Old October 26, 2012, 06:54 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I'm looking for something for my girlfriend actually. It looks like European calling can be added.....but is that WITHIN the EU too or only in the phone's "local" zone. I'm wondering since this would be a great option for our trip to Italy next year.
Old October 26, 2012, 06:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

No cell phone plan in North America will allow international calls placed from an international location without major costs.
Old October 26, 2012, 07:09 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I'm looking for something for my girlfriend actually. It looks like European calling can be added.....but is that WITHIN the EU too or only in the phone's "local" zone. I'm wondering since this would be a great option for our trip to Italy next year.
For Italy, make sure your phone is unlocked (I used cellunlocker.net), works on Italian bands, and just get a SIM with a few GB of data when you get there. Prob get it right at the airport. Just hit up tripadvisor forums, to do some research and you could prob find the exact location of the kiosk.

I paid about $50 total for about a month of calling, texting, and data in SE Asia this summer using this method. This was 3 different SIM cards, 3 different countries too. The lowest amount of data I got was I believe $5 US for 1GB, texting and calling in Cambodia. The most expensive was Singapore, where I paid about $25 for unlimited text, I forget the voice minutes, and about 3GB of data. Prices will be different in Italy, but when I was there the last time I got a few 100mb of data, texting, and voice for I believe approx 20 euros. Did not use data much, as the phone I had was not great.

Agree with B1...I have never seen a plan that works well from a Canadian carrier.
Fold for team #54196