Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 13, 2012, 04:31 PM
Allstar

Default Is it worthwhile trading my iphone 4 32gb for...

Was thinking of trading it for a S2 or a Note as Fido is never going to carry the S3 or Note 2. I also pretty much hate apple and despise iTunes. I think the only thing I'd miss would be the better camera on the iphone and email where I can see 5 lines of an email without having to open it.

Anyone think this would be a bad move? I really can't afford to drop $500-$800 on an S3 or Note 2 so I'm thinking this is my only way out haha. Also, should I get the 4G or LTE version if I have a choice?

Thanks

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old October 13, 2012, 09:04 PM
Rookie

I have the note, and love it, but i am an android fanboy. i started out with an iphone when they first came out, then got a nexus one and never looked back, but there not for everyone. my mother for instance, needs help with anything computer or electronics related, i would not hesitate to recommend an iphone to her. but there is just to much choice in the way to set up and use android for her, she would be calling me every day:)

also going to be skipping an upgrade to the note 2, just not enough of a change for me.

anyways, if you are tech savvy then give android a shot.
Old October 13, 2012, 09:38 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I'll be selling a Note 1 in about 3 weeks. PM me if interested but keep in mind the following:

1. I have raised the flash counter by flashing roms on it, so there is potentially no warranty. There is a process to reverse this, but it is risky so I have never done it. Basically, selling with no warranty/warranty void, but the buyer may choose to try to restore the warranty of they want to risk bricking.

2. LTE issues: my phone has issues with LTE it seems. If LTE is enabled, and you are in a weak LTE area, it can result in dropping all connectivity until a phone reboot (including voice, sms, data). This is a fairly common issue with the Note it seems, so I am not sure if its a defect. The Bell store employee put me on to the fix (disable LTE), and I have seen various reports of this on XDA, a few Android forums, and HowardForums. Seems to me that it happens more often to Bell. Leaving the phone as HSPA+ works flawlessly, and the phone has been stellar otherwise.

3. Phone is fully unlocked. I have used it with Bell, and on various carriers in SE Asia as well.

Not trying to threadcrap but just putting this out there if you are shopping. I'll be putting a price-check thread and FS thread with the above info up in the coming weeks.
Fold for team #54196
Old October 13, 2012, 09:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodscene View Post
Was thinking of trading it for a S2 or a Note as Fido is never going to carry the S3 or Note 2. I also pretty much hate apple and despise iTunes. I think the only thing I'd miss would be the better camera on the iphone and email where I can see 5 lines of an email without having to open it.

Anyone think this would be a bad move? I really can't afford to drop $500-$800 on an S3 or Note 2 so I'm thinking this is my only way out haha. Also, should I get the 4G or LTE version if I have a choice?

Thanks
You'll wonder why you didn't do this sooner and wonder why you even had a iphone in the first place. While I say the S3 is better than the S2.. The S2 when rom'd and kernel'd is a great phone.

The S2 is what I have.
Old October 14, 2012, 08:04 AM
Allstar

Thanks guys. I originally had to opportunity to buy the Nexus S or Iphone 4 and went with Apple. I played with the Nexus for a bit and did like it but the mail view was a deal breaker at the time. I also figured the Iphone would have a higher resell value later on so that's what I went with. It is time for a change though.

Chrisk - I am interested but I'm leaning more towards a swap with someone. It would make life a lot easier as I only have one phone and unless it's the weekend can't go without one for more than a few hours for work. I guess I'll see what happens when the time comes.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N