Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 8, 2012, 11:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default WebOS Community Edition - Luna CE

OH! ohohohoh. I'm in love all over again. The community has done to the touchpad in weeks what HP has failed to do in over 2 years. I really really think what's happening to HP's stock (you know the fact that its stock is falling steadily and that its value is rated somewhere between -$2 and -$6) is their own goddamn fault. They've admitted they need a cellphone but despite the fact that they have one of the best mobile OSes they wont be releasing one this year and if they do release one it quite possibly wont be WebOS.

But enough with the rant against HP's stupidity. Luna CE is gorgeous. For those unawares it adds apis, it adds gestures, it adds features that should have been there years ago. IF you own a touchpad I now command you to go delete that rubbish android build you have dual booting and go get this. Its better. It may have less apps but in reality android tablet only has 1 app that I ever used on it netflix everything else I preferred doing it in WebOS.

LunaCE 4.9.10 Alpha vastly improves cursor placement and brings back the wave launcher | webOS Nation

Its gorgeous. It makes me even more upset and makes me loathe HP even more. Admittedly it also makes me love WebOS Internals and the community even more.
Old October 9, 2012, 04:53 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Really? LunaCE? They couldn't think of a better name?
Luna = XP theme
CE = Windows Compact Edition
Sounds like MS should go after them

But yes, it was a shame to see WebOS/Palm die, considering how long there were in the business. Pioneers of it I'd say.
Old October 9, 2012, 03:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

Luna is the interface layer I do believe so there is a logic behind it. And I agree completely, Palm were the pioneers of smartphones, hell they own the patent on the smartphone, and it was a sad day when they were bought. Sadder still that Leo killed them in exchange for an overpriced software company.

quite possibly my favorite new gesture is one that spreads out your card stacks, but theres also the side swipe while in an app that if you are in a stack shows thumbnails of those cards as well or just swaps to the next card if your not. Stuff that should have been in webos long time ago. Thank you WebOS internals again for picking up the slack.
Old October 9, 2012, 03:54 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

hmm lunaCE. was it deliberate to make it sound like lunacy..???

Anyway, any videos on this new UI experience?
Old October 9, 2012, 03:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubaka View Post
hmm lunaCE. was it deliberate to make it sound like lunacy..???

Anyway, any videos on this new UI experience?
First Youtube Hit? LunaCE Quick Look - YouTube

Edit: Thanks for this. I'm out of touch with the Touchpad community. I'll be putting this on my touchpad pronto
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about