Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Mobile Computing (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mobile-computing/)
-   -   Galaxy Note II: looks awesome (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mobile-computing/57109-galaxy-note-ii-looks-awesome.html)

chrisk October 6, 2012 09:27 AM

Galaxy Note II: looks awesome

Really looking forward to the Galaxy Note II. I can get an upgrade in early November, which might be just in time for a Canadian release.

Anyone else here looking forward to this? I thought the NoteI would be too big, but I was wrong and can never go back to a smaller screen.

Really looking forward to the multi-window support...check it out in this review:
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 review [Updated] | Android Central

LarkStarr October 6, 2012 09:57 AM

If I didn't just get an S3 I'd be all over this phone like you have no idea. I hope they bring the multiwindow to the S3 though, I would love a remote control app up top while using a browser at the bottom.

chrisk October 6, 2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarkStarr (Post 660203)
If I didn't just get an S3 I'd be all over this phone like you have no idea. I hope they bring the multiwindow to the S3 though, I would love a remote control app up top while using a browser at the bottom.

If you want multi-window on the S3, I would imagine that you will need to get a custom rom on XDA at some point.

Arinoth October 6, 2012 10:47 AM

We were contemplating getting the Note I when we were looking for phones for the wife back in August, had the Note II been on by then she'd of probably gotten that (bigger phones fit just fine in purses, unlike pockets)

Perineum October 6, 2012 11:31 AM

I only wear cargo pants. Note and Note II fit better than my SGS2X in my side leg pockets.

WhippWhapp October 6, 2012 11:52 AM

I'm thinking this will be my next phone.

chrisk October 6, 2012 01:26 PM

Ill be selling my Note I in November. Warranty void due to rom flashing of course lol but thats reverseable

Jake_HT October 6, 2012 03:24 PM

Gonna be a brilliant piece of hardware for sure, but it sporting the exynos chip means shitty developer support because samsungs source code is a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

I'm going nexus from now on.

chrisk October 6, 2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake_HT (Post 660264)
Gonna be a brilliant piece of hardware for sure, but it sporting the exynos chip means shitty developer support because samsungs source code is a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

I'm going nexus from now on.

I wasn't aware of this; maybe the best we will see are modified released roms.

As for the Nexus, if the rumours are true LG will make the next one, with the possibility of several handsets as part of the Nexus program.

If they could offer a Nexus phone with a SD card, and possibly a removable battery, I would be all over it.

muse108dc October 9, 2012 03:32 PM

Sorry but as awesome as the spen is the phone itself is just much much too big for me.