Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 7, 2012, 09:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sounds like a very nice review.... I'm tempted.....
Old November 7, 2012, 05:37 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Thanks for the review.

I'm torn between the Note 2 and the Lumia 920 and the decision isn't getting any easier.
Old November 7, 2012, 05:43 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Left the house at 8am, 100% charge. Some lte browsing, and showing it off to people all day, and sitting at 65% now.

Lumina is a ms phone, and so don't know much about it. I intend on getting an extra battery soon, and and will buy the sweet Samsung docking station that has hdmi, and three usb ports with keyboard and mouse support. Love this thing. Best tech purchase in ages for me so far. Lumina looks good though.... Does it have removable battery, and micro sd?
Fold for team #54196
Old November 7, 2012, 05:44 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

*Lumia
Old November 7, 2012, 05:47 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keywork View Post
*Lumia
Haha wondered why it did not look right when I typed it. This is not a Chevy we are talking about here :-)
Fold for team #54196
Old November 7, 2012, 06:06 PM
MVP

My System Specs

The Lumia doesn't have removable anything, which I'm fine with. It comes with 32GB's worth of space that I'd be hard pressed to fill and my data plan is 5GB a month.

Plus, I like Nokia Maps and the ability to use gloves with the touch screen means I can use it on motorcycle trips for GPS/music duty.

But the Note 2 is an incredible piece of kit. It's like something out of 'The Jetsons,' in a lot of ways.
Old November 7, 2012, 06:35 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

If Lumia needs to be synced to load data, don't think I'll be interested.

Only thing holding me back from a Note is Touchwiz, I prefer stock android and the immediate updates that Nexus devices offer.

Old November 7, 2012, 06:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Left the house at 8am, 100% charge. Some lte browsing, and showing it off to people all day, and sitting at 65% now.
What is your screen on time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhippWhapp View Post
Only thing holding me back from a Note is Touchwiz, I prefer stock android and the immediate updates that Nexus devices offer.
Same for me. I do root and install custom ROMs but if the dev support for the canadian/at&t note2 is anything like the note 1, then screw it, not worth waiting especially in the fast moving world of android.

I'll be getting the nexus 4 regardless because of the price, something tells me I'm gonna like it. Note 2 is a great looking phone though but personally I can't deal with being 2 android versions behind. The cyanogenmod team can only do so much without official source code, and so far for the note 1 (both versions) it's been a rough ride. 4.1 still isn't stable and 4.2 is already out! No thanks!! Not to mention there is only 1 kernel dev now and he only updates twice a month.

I'm gonna miss my big screen but i'm gonna enjoy 4.2 enough to justify it

Glad you're enjoying the note2 chris, post some screenshots of your battery stats if you can!
Old November 7, 2012, 07:32 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Jake; screen time on is 1h26min. Screen was at 52%, Chrome 21%. Screen brightness auto off, 1/2 brightness. But as of now, I have charged it since I posted earlier this evening (battery is now 92%) so I don't know how these numbers jive with my earlier post.

I'll have to post some screenshots one night later this week after some usage over a day to get what you need I believe.

edit: Nexus 4 looks awesome too. I really want a removable battery and sd card slot though. The battery I might be able to live without, but I love the 64GB SD card I have; I pop all kinds of stuff to and from work to home on it (using approx 30GB now, and no, thats not music or movies but files related to work..it is slowly replacing my usb drive).

edit 2: just checking out Howardforums and here are some folks talking about the battery and such on bell:
Note 2 - Oct 30? - Page 10
Fold for team #54196

Last edited by chrisk; November 7, 2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old November 8, 2012, 12:19 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Ugh.

Found one issue; there is no USB mass storage option for the Note II. Not sure yet if this is a Google or Samsung thing (ie. did Google remove teh option in Jelly Bean, or did Samsung remove the functionality??)

Sucks if you have XP at work.

There are options to root and then enable mass storage through USB, but I want to wait a little bit before rooting so that the trailblazers can iron out the issues.
Fold for team #54196