Old September 26, 2012, 07:02 PM
MVP

My System Specs

double post
Old September 26, 2012, 07:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
If what you're saying about them advertising 'working anywhere in the world' etc, I would say you have a valid Ebay/Paypal complaint to lodge. That being said, have you contacted the seller? If you have and they wont do anything, I would put a file in with paypal.

It would work in -most- places in the world with, albeit with 2G. I guess that's technical terminology though.
Old September 27, 2012, 06:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

should work on Bell Mobility, that model has the HSDPA 1900 band that BM has, as a a side note, BM, Telus and Rogers have the same bands 850 and 1900 when we talk HS(D)PA, just different SIDs. You could put Cyanogen on it, most people do it, I think Cyanogen Mod 7.2 is working for it. They just say the phone is unlocked not uprooted or anything else. But By default they are set to GSM networks, you need to change it to WCDMA in settings.
Old September 27, 2012, 03:48 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Might want to read through this thread, while it concerns a slightly different model (9000 vs 9000M) it also contains links discussing the differences between the various Galaxy S models: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...d-4-0-ics.html
Old September 27, 2012, 04:58 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxes View Post
-Model number:
GT-I9000
Firmware version : 2.3.4
Baseband Version : 19000zsjpj
Kernel version : 2.6.35.7-I9000xxjvp
Build number : LIDROID I9000-1.2
I was going to find the proper XDA forum to direct you to (the GT-I9000), but if you are new I figured I would Google your baseband to verify and the only site I can find it listed on is this thread so I am wondering if your baseband is correct.

So my second guess was your "LIDROID" build number, which took me to this thread:
[SHW-m110s] Korean Anycall Galaxy S, Thread/FAQ/ReadMe/Discussion/Questions - xda-developers

I believe this is a good thread for your phone, but since I am not familiar with your model and by the looks of it yours is a little different I don't feel totally comfortable telling you to flash it.

Maybe a few of the guys who have owned a Canadian 9000m and hung out at XDA (ie. JakeHT, JD) will see this thread and chime in. Perhaps rename the thread title to reflect needing help with a Galaxy GT-9000 as they may have overlooked this thread for a PC-related one.
Fold for team #54196
Old September 27, 2012, 09:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galcobar View Post
Might want to read through this thread, while it concerns a slightly different model (9000 vs 9000M) it also contains links discussing the differences between the various Galaxy S models: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...d-4-0-ics.html
The bell model was largely untouched from stock, apparently. Hence afaik it's mostly the same and thus, compatible.
Old September 30, 2012, 04:04 PM
Rookie

Thanks for all the reading material guys. I'll be sure to let you guys know if I brick it or fix it.

I really do appreciate the resources/time here.