Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 19, 2012, 04:50 AM
F@H

My System Specs

All who pre-order from the google store should sign this petition requesting Google refund the shipping cost due to the fiasco this has turned into. I for one signed for the fact Canada is the lowest priority in the shipping pecking order.

Change.org
Old July 19, 2012, 05:23 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Bunch of whiny sissies if you ask me. There was nowhere in the purchase agreement that said anyone who had a pre-order through Google Play would receive their tablet before retail outlets.
Old July 19, 2012, 05:44 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Bunch of whiny sissies if you ask me. There was nowhere in the purchase agreement that said anyone who had a pre-order through Google Play would receive their tablet before retail outlets.
I wasn't going to say anything, since I didn't really see much of an issue.
Old July 19, 2012, 06:14 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

This is why I bought from retail; why pay an extra $20 for nothing?
Old July 19, 2012, 06:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm just annoyed at the fact that Google is shipping to Canada LAST out of all the other pre-order locations.

Being in lovely New Brunswick, there is crap all for me to pick one of these things up retail. The ONLY staples in Fredericton isn't releasing them yet, Futureshop doesn't get them for another few weeks. It's not like I can stop by Canada Computers, NCIX, Memory Express, or any other physical retail store.
Old July 19, 2012, 01:22 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
This is why I bought from retail; why pay an extra $20 for nothing?
when you don't want to pay more for the 16GB version
Old July 19, 2012, 06:09 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Well I just tried the Nexus 7 at best buy and while it is a great tablet to watch videos on, it really is too small to read PDFs on, you need to keep scrolling sideways every 5 words. It's a tad bit on the small side to browse the web too (IMO). I've been quite disapointed that I could not use the home screen in landscape (didn't take the time to figure out how).

I tried the TF300 and 10 inches and it seems like something I'd have a use for. It's not that heavy, you can read a PDF without having to scroll sideways and browsing the web is very comfortable. I'll have to try the TF700...
Old July 19, 2012, 06:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth- View Post
Well I just tried the Nexus 7 at best buy and while it is a great tablet to watch videos on, it really is too small to read PDFs on, you need to keep scrolling sideways every 5 words. It's a tad bit on the small side to browse the web too (IMO). I've been quite disapointed that I could not use the home screen in landscape (didn't take the time to figure out how).
I'd say both those issues can be remedied with better apps. The stock launcher doesn't support landscape, but alternatives such as Apex or Nova do. Likewise, I'm sure there's better PDF apps out there that will scale documents accordingly. This does have a 1280x800 resolution, compared to most 7" tablets that are only 1024x600.

I should hopefully have mine tomorrow...
Old July 19, 2012, 06:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm Futureshop shows that they have them instock at the store by me. I may swing by tomorrow and see if they actually do, pick one up if they do and cancel my web order.
Old July 19, 2012, 06:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

When are you guys going to come to terms with the fact that Canada is one of the smallest markets on the planet for technology? Do you have any idea just how horrible the market is here for nearly anything? Cars cost 10-30% (or more) more than the US. Cars built in CANADA cost more here than if they are sold in the US. PC hardware is easily 20% more expensive here for a great many things. Autoparts are a minimum 25% more expensive sold here than in the US.

Canada is a SMALL market. This is no surprise.