Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 17, 2012, 10:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

JD, did they give you a tracking number right off the bat? I got an email that mine has been shipped around 530 pm but no tracking. I then received another email , around 730 pm, saying that it would be another week or two. I also checked Google Wallet and it says it's been shipped but no tracking number as well.

Old July 18, 2012, 05:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_zappa View Post
JD, did they give you a tracking number right off the bat? I got an email that mine has been shipped around 530 pm but no tracking. I then received another email , around 730 pm, saying that it would be another week or two. I also checked Google Wallet and it says it's been shipped but no tracking number as well.
Yup tracking number was in the email.

In case you haven't seen, https://support.google.com/googlepla...1735&ctx=topic, all 16GB orders in Canada are now on hold for 1-2 weeks.

Of course, Google is prioritizing their American customers first and upgrading them to overnight shipping too. Yet again Canada gets the short end of the stick
Old July 18, 2012, 05:57 AM
F@H

My System Specs

We get the shaft with a lot of american things, add this to the list.

I haven't made up my mind if I'll cancel with google and try to find retail or just wait the week or two. Guess I have until they charge me to decide eh?
Old July 18, 2012, 11:22 AM
Allstar
F@H

I ordered the 8 gb and hoping that I will get the tracking number this morning, no joy. If I don't get it today I will just cancel it, this is total BS.

Just checked my card, no charges yet so I am guessing it hasn't shipped yet. I sent them an email to just cancel it if it hasn't left the building yet.

Last edited by punk_zappa; July 18, 2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old July 18, 2012, 06:56 PM
Rookie

does anybody know if there is any tax/duty on the nexus 7 if we order from google play?
I did plan to have t delivered to my parents place but they are going away for 2 weeks, I am looking at sending it to my work place.
Old July 18, 2012, 07:05 PM
F@H

My System Specs

There shouldn't be as long as you were charged GST and PST in your order. Seeing as Google has residency up in Canada, they have to charge it.
Old July 18, 2012, 07:13 PM
Rookie

I might contact google tommorow to see about getting it delivered to my work place. I only want our front end to sign the package at most, no exchange of money is what I am after. Plus ups wont have to make a 2nd-3rd attempt to give my my nexus.
Old July 18, 2012, 07:17 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Good luck with that, you'll be on the phone for 30+ mins just to get that done. Also i've it's been shipped already you're SOL
Old July 18, 2012, 08:23 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by intertan View Post
I might contact google tommorow to see about getting it delivered to my work place. I only want our front end to sign the package at most, no exchange of money is what I am after. Plus ups wont have to make a 2nd-3rd attempt to give my my nexus.
With UPS, -afair- you can change the delivery address after the first delivery attempt or have it held at the depot.
Old July 18, 2012, 08:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yup also got the email that it is delayed :(

I ordered on day 1 too.

Well I guess I just have to wait.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."