Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 5, 2012, 11:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well a better camera, a better cpu, LTE, a better screen would all be things I would expect in the next Nexus phone(s).

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old August 6, 2012, 12:11 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Well a better camera, a better cpu, LTE, a better screen would all be things I would expect in the next Nexus phone(s).
I also expect internal storage only though.

Samsung has quad-core and LTE now though in Korea; I am hoping the Note II has this...if so, then perhaps the new Nexus will have it too.
Fold for team #54196
Old August 6, 2012, 12:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
4.1.1 you mean ;) Jellybean is already available on the Galaxy Nexus anyways.

I figure the only major difference will be LTE support. Maybe quad-core silicon, but I doubt it since I don't believe any of those chips support North American LTE yet.

Maybe it'll be made by Motorola now too? Who knows.
Thanks for the tip. Now I have JB running, even though it's still not available with my carrier

Last edited by omgwtf; August 6, 2012 at 03:04 AM.
Old August 20, 2012, 04:02 PM
Trial Member

I was in the same position, moving from an iPhone to Android and narrowed it down to the nexus and the GSIII. I went with the GSIII because of the few extra mega pixels in the camera,the expandable memory, its a bit thinner, its screen is better.....and the removable battery (almost went evo 4g lte)...Would have gotten the Note, but it wasnt an option. The GSIII is by far the best phone i have owned (which is a few). Its made of plastic and is super slippery but well worth it and of course the 2GB of ram is helpful...the best part about it the GSIII makes iPhone users feel right at home with the white samsung earbuds they come with.