Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 3, 2012, 12:54 PM
Top Prospect

Default Screen protectors (no-name) from china any good?

I'm just wondering if anyone here has bought any screen protectors on ebay (from HK / China) and if they're any good.

They seem way cheaper and I was wondering what the differences were. Some of the smartphones are said to have 'Gorilla Glass' and are very scratch resistant and strong so that it can resist impacts?

I read that some people don't even buy protectors for their phones.

Can anyone comment? Looking for some opinions. :-)

Thanks!!!
Old June 3, 2012, 02:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Aside from the liquid screen protectors, pretty much all screen protectors are made by the same few factories in China - very little difference in quality. The only differences are really the finish - matte, gloss, semi gloss, etc.

Gorilla glass is more scratch/impact resistant than your standard Iphone glass screens, but it's still glass and resistant doesn't mean indestructible.

Some people hate having that extra bit of plastic on their screen and feel it degrades the touch performance and/or image quality, but that's all subjective. Google for drop tests of your specific phone if you're unsure.