1280x720p 4.8" super AMOLED display
Quad core 1.4ghz exynos
1GB RAM
8MP/1.9MP cameras
2100mah battery
microSD slot
Android 4.0 with touchwiz
Gorilla Glass 2

Samsung Galaxy S III preview: hands-on with the next Android superphone (video) -- Engadget

People seem to be unhappy about the design (which I don't mind at all) and the PenTile display, which kinda sucks.

Last edited by Jake_HT; May 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Why not just release a 7 or 10" tablet with a bluetooth headset that can make phone calls? These things are too big for pockets anyways, so you may as well carry a tablet.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:24 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I am pleased to see a micro-SD slot in this model. The HTC One X's lack of expandable storage was heartbreaking for me.
Old May 3, 2012, 01:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Why not just release a 7 or 10" tablet with a bluetooth headset that can make phone calls? These things are too big for pockets anyways, so you may as well carry a tablet.
How small are your pockets? The galaxy note fits in my pocket, this phone is quite a bit smaller than that.
Old May 3, 2012, 02:53 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkRk View Post
I am pleased to see a micro-SD slot in this model. The HTC One X's lack of expandable storage was heartbreaking for me.
Me too. Love the One X, but the storage options kept me away (I got the Note instead). Will see whats available once my next upgrade comes in November.
Fold for team #54196
Old May 3, 2012, 04:27 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I don't know about you guys, but it was a big "meh" for me.

Still all plastic, pentile screen, and basically the same camera from the SGS2. I'm definitely not fond of white, and the blue one just looks cheap. Giving plastic a brushed aluminum look is just ugly. I was really hoping for something better from Samsung.

Other than the One X missing the microSD slot, I think it's a better phone. Honestly though, the One S is more suited to my needs, but I hate that it isn't 720p and also uses pentile.
Old May 3, 2012, 04:58 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

From what I have read, the S3 has a better backlight illuminated sensor but little details. If it was really much better then I would say Samsung would have pushed it today. Will have to see some in-depth reviews on the camera, with some better spec info. The software is improved I guess (on the camera side). If this thing has a good camera (low light and motion performance), I'll still pick it up in November.

As for the blue colour and texture, I always stick a case on it so that is no big deal for me. The screen will seem tiny after messing with the Note.
Fold for team #54196
Old May 3, 2012, 05:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Man, people are really bitching this phone out like it's some sort of epic failure, it's crazy. (Not necessarily in this thread)

It would have been nice to have a non pentile screen, but I'm using a pentile screen on my SGS, with less DPI, and it looks great. The nexus screen is way nicer, which seems to be pretty much the same as this new phone. NOT a big deal really.

2100mah battery? fantastic!

Fastest phone processor to date.

Made of plastic? Well look how often the "high quality" glass iphone shatters to peices if you drop it.
This phone has gorilla glass which is very hard to break from a normal drop, and the "cheap" plastic is practically invincible on the galaxy S2..

Like what were people expecting? It is pretty much the exact phone I was anticipating, and everyone's got their panties up their asses because it's not the most perfect phone and they will never have to release one ever again.
Old May 3, 2012, 06:48 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

This phone is evolutionary, but people wanted revolutionary.

People bitched about the iPhone 4S as well, for the same reasons.

Only thing that bothers me about this phone is the camera. Other than the enhanced camera software, I really hope this camera at least is on par with the 4S. I was hoping for something better than the 4S in the camera dept (and I am NOT talking about megapixels...I am talking about the sensor, etc).

Geeks will be geeks. The online media sites hyped this thing so bad over the last year...I heard the following, seriously:
- 3D display
- flexible OLED
- best camera eva, possibly 16mp
- 2GB ram
- cordless charging

Anything less than this is an epic failure for many nerds who get taunted by the Apple fanbois. Its a great phone, and the shape and feel is supposed to be amazing. I thought the Note as atrocious until some folks who had them talked me into trying one, so I will reserve my judgement on the 'feel' of this device until then.

BUT we will probably get a dual-core in Canada...LTE and quad cores don't seem to work well. This will have a good cpu for sure, but it wont be a quad...
Fold for team #54196
Old May 3, 2012, 07:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well compared to what HTC released weeks prior, I think we were all expecting Samsung to one-up them. Instead is more just status-quo. To me, it looks like they took the Galaxy Nexus, slimmed it down, put in a bigger screen and added a hardware home button. It seems they focused more so on software than hardware. I suppose they're attempting to take Apple's approach at refining the OS rather than changing the design of the hardware significantly. However, at quick glance, I'd swear it was running GB still. Their TouchWiz seems to ignore ICS's design entirely.

At the very least, I was hoping they'd use soft-touch plastic instead. I hate how damn glossy the original SGS was. It basically flies out of your hands if they aren't dry and it looks like this model will be no different. It also loves to show finger prints/smudges.

When it eventually comes to Canada, I'll surely have a look at it in store and hopefully play with a working demo unit. My SGS is getting rather old and I'm looking to upgrade, but it just seems nothing that's coming out is what I'm really after.

And trust me, I was by no means comparing it to the iPhone in terms of quality. I despise of Apple products. Whoever decided to make the backing out of glass is just a retard.

The LG Optimus LTE2 is more in line with what I was expecting the SGS3 to be.