Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 2, 2012, 07:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default BlackBerry OS 10

I have to say from being someone whos sitting at home looking at news on this new mobile OS I have to say I'm impressed so far and we've really only seen a few elements of the os so far. The gesutures are a step further than even webOS went, notifications sound good and more than ever this is sounding like an alternative evolutionary path of webOS that Palm didnt take. Theres also the fact that I will be able to buy a portrait slider with a physical keyboard which scores huge points in my book. RIM knows hardware design so I'm also confident in that regards. Right now I am 90% certain that this will be my next phone. The 10% is still praying and hoping for Rubinstien to bring out an Open WebOS device in the fall. So anyone else cheering for RIM again and looking forward to when they actually release their next phone?

I've already stated some of my opinions on the other OSes out there for mobile right now, I loved WebOS, like the look of Windows phones, think iOS is dated and I dont see any evolutionary paths for it, android has improved with ICS but still doesnt fit me well I guess is the only way of saying it. I think that this and Windows phone are actually the OSes right now that have the most potential, not iOS, not android. Lets be honest, what does iOS have apart from apps, android is still quite messy in many regards but with Duarte at the helm of its design it definitely is on better footing than iOS?
Old May 3, 2012, 04:01 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I checked out the videos they posted from their conference a couple days ago and the technology they demo'd is actually pretty damn sharp! As expected, it looked completely redefined/rewritten (thankfully) and very intuitive. Looking forward to some further news.
Old May 6, 2012, 01:22 PM
Allstar
F@H

All of a sudden I'm glad I switched to a Blackberry a few weeks ago ;)
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old May 6, 2012, 02:24 PM
Allstar

QNX was always a great OS. Should do well in this application.
Old May 6, 2012, 02:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

QNX (from what I heard) was used a lot with NASA. It was slated to be the basis for the next generation of OS for Amiga hardware as well.

From what I've read about QNX it left a very positive feeling with regards to it.