Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 15, 2012, 04:40 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetwill View Post
I only did the "Phase R: Flash UGKG3" portion, as I would like to get the phone working 100% again before making any other modifications... I was wondering if anyone else was asked to "Confirm Password"?
It sounds like you had the phone unlocked but not by using a vendor-provided code? Not sure what the difference is to be honest, but I have one GT-i9000M that was unlocked by Bell and it never re-locks compared to the other GT-i9000M that I unlocked myself using an app and it re-locks itself. It's mainly attributed to flashing the CSC file.

If you follow through "Phase 2B: Flash a rooted kernel" and then install this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ysunlock&hl=en you should be able to unlock the phone once again and for free.
Old May 15, 2012, 04:01 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the reply JD.

I'll give it another go, and hopefully I'll have better luck this time around.

It was quite a time not having a phone at work all day. Would really like to rectify this tonight if possible.
Old May 15, 2012, 04:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I can confirm that once rooted the Galaxy S Unlock app works, and has on my sister, girlfriend, and my i9000m.
Old May 15, 2012, 04:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetwill View Post
Thanks for the reply JD.

I'll give it another go, and hopefully I'll have better luck this time around.

It was quite a time not having a phone at work all day. Would really like to rectify this tonight if possible.
If you can get a picture/screencap of the error message on the phone along with with provider your using, we could likely better help you if my previous post doesn't fix your problem.
Old May 15, 2012, 04:43 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_HT View Post
I can confirm that once rooted the Galaxy S Unlock app works, and has on my sister, girlfriend, and my i9000m.
I'll definitely check it out if I ever get this running again.

I tried again, and actually sat with it (cradling it like a new born baby), and Everything flashes via Odin, then the phone reboots. I saw a quick image of an android symbol sitting beside an open box, which then asks for me to "Confirm Password"...
Old May 15, 2012, 06:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm, try with the SIM and microSD removed and flash again?

Have you just tried pressing "OK" to the password or entering random things? Did you have a password set on the phone prior?
Old May 15, 2012, 07:26 PM
Rookie

I didn't have a password set, I used a pattern as my security... I was hoping that the PDA had one pre installed, but since no one else seems to have this problem... it probably isn't the case...

I tried my usual pin codes, even tried just entering "ok", but chickened out when it got up to 9/10 tries, as it warned me that it would lock my SIM card if I made another wrong attempt...

I ended up flashing the Pit & PDA with another stock Rom that I found. Although it brought life back to my phone, I still can't access the data network unless I'm connected via WiFi through my home modem. But the Phone, Texting and WiFi are working again, which is better than nothing for now...

I think I'll give customer service a call and see what they can offer in regards to support.

Thanks for your efforts, it was kind of you to try!
Old May 16, 2012, 04:32 AM
F@H

My System Specs

It seems to be an issue with Darky's ROM though since there was a post on his forums about the same issue. Apparently if you just go past the 10 tries, it'll unlock and be fine.

Obviously though like I said, remove your SIM and SD before doing that and before flashing even.

Are you with Bell/Virgin? If you're flashing a non-Bell ROM, then you'll have no data access and likely lose the 850MHz band. If you manually configure your APN settings though, you should be able to get data back, unless you live in an area where only 850MHz is used.

And make sure you flash all the files. PDA, CSC and Phone along with the PIT and checking off Re-Partition.
Old May 17, 2012, 04:23 PM
Rookie

I still haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I only have one rather silly thing holding me back. I use a fullscreen home program, and the concept of having the combined bar up all the time and not being able to hide it kind of scares me off this. It'll ruin the home screen if I cant.

I have ICS on my tablet, and haven't been able to figure out how to hide it successfuly using the same home program (Launcher7).
Old May 17, 2012, 07:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriminalMind View Post
I have ICS on my tablet, and haven't been able to figure out how to hide it successfuly using the same home program (Launcher7).
That would be an issue with Launcher 7 not being designed for ICS I'd say.

I run Nova Launcher and it's able to hide the status/notification bar.

I believe CM7 had the ability to hide it system-wide too but it appears to be absent in the current CM9 builds.