Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 2, 2012, 03:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I'm going to try out JL2 and see how that reception is driving and in my basement apartment. KG3 had rather poor basement reception last night too so we'll see.
I find UGKG3 to be the best in my basement. And my basement has little to no reception.
Old May 2, 2012, 05:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Definatly going to try it right now!
Thx JD!!!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old May 2, 2012, 05:17 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Definatly going to try it right now!
Thx JD!!!
Atta boy!!
Fold for team #54196
Old May 3, 2012, 04:30 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Seems like JL2 is working the best for me in NB.
Old May 14, 2012, 12:57 AM
Rookie

Default Hello

Hi there,

It's been a couple of weeks, and wanted to know if everyone's happy with their upgrade, if everything works (camera, music, etc), and if there's any failures that need to be reported.

I have CM9 installed on a couple of devices, and nothing's -ever- perfect.

I'd like to be able to go ahead and flash my phone, but it's my primary (having no home phone), and I need to feel confident.

Any help/feedback is appreciated.
Old May 14, 2012, 04:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Well I absolutely love it over the Dark ROM of Gingerbread. There are three things I'm not a big fan of, one is that I can't seem to find the files browser anymore. The second thing is google changed the task manager, I preferred the old version but what can you do. The final one is I think just a slight bug between my phone and my hands free music player as I have to start the music on my phone before i can control/pause/play it with my hands free.

My cell phone is also used as a home phone and do not have a land line either.
Old May 14, 2012, 04:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah it seems the basic file browser was removed. Kind of odd, but there's tons of better apps out there anyways. I use Root Explorer (paid) and on my family's phones I use ES File Explorer (free).
Old May 14, 2012, 05:29 AM
Rookie

Agreed that there are better. Personally, I'm a big fan of ASTRO. I don't know why I'm partial to it, but its functionality is pretty much like Windows, and the bigger icons are easy on the eyes.

Thanks for your prompt replies. I'm actually still running Froyo, because no one ever convinced me that there were enough features to tip the scales and put up with that neon green colour. I do like ICS though, and your feedback has eased my mind considerably about upgrading.

I am guessing though, glancing at the tutorial briefly, that I'll have to update to Gingerbread before loading up the CM9 ROM. I'll give it a more thorough read.

Nice to have you guys provide some peace of mind about this - especially about the model-specific nature. It may not make a difference, but details count. I'm with Virgin, so having Bell instructions and modem recommendations matter, too.

And I agree with whomever it was that said that Rootz is a mess. I can't find anything there.
Old May 14, 2012, 06:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriminalMind View Post
Nice to have you guys provide some peace of mind about this - especially about the model-specific nature. It may not make a difference, but details count. I'm with Virgin, so having Bell instructions and modem recommendations matter, too.
I figured some other Canadian's would find this thread

And yeah, definitely need to be on GB first and foremost as you need the GB bootloaders to get up and running on CM9 (or even CM7).
Old May 14, 2012, 09:11 PM
Rookie

Good evening,

I went from Darky to Stock a few days ago, and have been having "No Data" connection problems since. I came across this post, and figured that it was well written, so why not give it a go...

I only did the "Phase R: Flash UGKG3" portion, as I would like to get the phone working 100% again before making any other modifications... I was wondering if anyone else was asked to "Confirm Password"?

Thanks in advance