Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 12, 2012, 05:53 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin2theMax View Post
Hey this works brilliantly! Love it. Wondering if you can help me a little further. I now have jelly bean running on my GT-I9000M Bell phone. I downloaded a installed s-voice.zip and it loads but I get a network error when trying to use. Found that to fix the error one must edit the build.prop file to fake being an S3. I can't find that file even when using root access in the file browser. Instructions suggest its located under the /system folder but I see no such folder. Do you have this working and how to fix?

Much appreciated. CyanoGenMod rocks! Simplest way to upgrade the phone. Tried others and they all either were ridiculously complex or simply failed. This was simple no BS just worked. Awesome job!
Play Store -> build prop editor by nathan campos

I really don't suggest faking your phone type as this could potentially lead to problems down the road.
Old November 12, 2012, 12:00 PM
Trial Member

Default Phase R

Hellllp!

I followed all the steps in Phase R and now it's just hanging - downloading screen is on, Odin says "setup connection.." and...nothing. For hours! What to do, what to do? :-) Hope I haven't bricked it. Any and all help is much appreciated!

Thank you all!

Also trying Darkyrom resurrection, but not loading either!

Last edited by mhil; November 12, 2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: update
Old November 12, 2012, 04:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridge2far View Post
Hi JD, I noticed there's no FM tuner in CM9..
I looked for an app that can do the same on Google Play but can't find anything, any idea how can I get a FM tuner on CM9?
It seems that they removed the FM tuner hardware from later models (SG2 and 3) but our model has the hardware to support it :)
Honestly, never used FM radio, but I'm fairly sure there's apps out there for it. Try searching XDA forums perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin2theMax View Post
Well just a little update, rebooting the phone and entering root explorer again suddenly I can see /system and the file in question. Edited and now S-Voice loads. Haven't been able to make it work quite properly yet.
Honestly, why bother with S-Voice? I had it on my SGS3 and it is nothing special. Google Now/Voice Search is much better IMO. It comes with Jellybean if that's what you're running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhil View Post
Hellllp!

I followed all the steps in Phase R and now it's just hanging - downloading screen is on, Odin says "setup connection.." and...nothing. For hours! What to do, what to do? :-) Hope I haven't bricked it. Any and all help is much appreciated!

Thank you all!

Could you post a screenshot of Odin?
Old November 13, 2012, 06:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

CM10 stable is out for the i9000
Old November 13, 2012, 06:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_HT View Post
CM10 stable is out for the i9000
Stable is out for a lot of phones very exciting news.
Old November 13, 2012, 07:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Stable is out for a lot of phones very exciting news.
Yeah, "stable"...my GT-i747M's WiFi still doesn't work on CM.
Old November 13, 2012, 09:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhil View Post
Hellllp!

Thank you all!

If you can turn your phone on and you get something on the screen. It should be fixable. If you look on the XDA forum they have some rogers warranty and at&t recovery roms. I needed those plus a USB jig to ressurect mine.

Old November 27, 2012, 08:41 AM
Rookie

Can anyone help me overclock my i9000M's cpu? i tried looking elsewhere but thought this would probably be a better place. if some one knows how to overclock or has done it before please let me know.
Old December 24, 2012, 03:32 PM
Trial Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridge2far View Post
Hi JD, I noticed there's no FM tuner in CM9..
I looked for an app that can do the same on Google Play but can't find anything, any idea how can I get a FM tuner on CM9?
It seems that they removed the FM tuner hardware from later models (SG2 and 3) but our model has the hardware to support it :)
Have a look at the Spirit FM App. There is more info here : [APP] Spirit FM: Broadcom,Texas Instruments,Samsung Silicon Labs & Qualcomm FM chips - xda-developers and a warning about possible speaker damage: here .

Finding a usable FM Radio app for non-stock ROMs is an ongoing challenge. My understanding is Google/Android does not support FM so any FM apps are proprietary and added by the hardware manufacturer (Samsung in our case).
Old December 24, 2012, 08:22 PM
Trial Member

Default Thank you so much for your help

My phone has been stuck in gingerbread all along and had no choice to leave it behind due to its lack of performance.
But occasionally, I saw your post of how to flash cm9/10, currently I am really happy with it. I love it indeed and would keep on using it since the phone is literally smooth and works perfectly fine thanks to your detailed explanation.
Thank you again, for the help and wish you are having the best Christmas. Thank you.