Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 31, 2012, 11:49 AM
F@H

My System Specs

How's people liking JB over ICS on their SGS1?
Old October 31, 2012, 11:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletwilite View Post
I followed this guide step by step and everything worked like a charm! I'm a newby at this phone tinkering business and found everything on XDA so confusing and nothing on my I9000M. This saved my day. Thank you!

Uh oh... just realized something. I had done this a couple days ago before JD updated the post on JB vs. ICS and I realized I'd put the ICS google apps on the CM10 JB. Is that gonna be a problem? My phone seems to be running fine....
ICS apps will run on JB you most likely just won't get the new look to them.
Old October 31, 2012, 06:10 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridge2far View Post
I wonder if you can overwrite the app pack by just installing it from the recovery mode.
Yeah, flashing the JB Gapps over the ICS Gapps should work fine. I'm fairly sure the installer removes the APKs before laying down the new ones.
Old November 1, 2012, 07:44 AM
Rookie

Default Yup that worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Yeah, flashing the JB Gapps over the ICS Gapps should work fine. I'm fairly sure the installer removes the APKs before laying down the new ones.
Thanks, that worked just fine. I don't really see a difference in the app looks though. I guess ICS and JB apps are pretty close. I also don't have a camera app either. Odd. I had to download some other camera app from the play store to operate my camera.
Old November 3, 2012, 11:28 AM
Rookie

Default After installing CM10 WiFi connected but no internet access

Hi,

I've installed CM10 but am having problems getting internet access. I had to set my WiFi to static IP in order to connect - otherwise with DHCP, wouldn't authenticate.

Is anyone having the same problem? I'm on Sasktel using a 2-wire DSL modem. My Touchpad WiFi connects and has internet access no problem.

Also, my Messenger keeps crashing when I try to open an existing message. (Had restored a backup from SMS Backup and Restore)

Thanks
Old November 3, 2012, 11:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Try a different nightly or the stable build of ICS.
Old November 3, 2012, 01:51 PM
F@H

My System Specs

You might have to forgo whatever system data you've backed up and restored. Sounds like it's conflicting. Backups like that only really work if its the same version of Android.
Old November 4, 2012, 10:01 AM
Rookie

Thanks for the prompt response guys.

I do love the new found speed in JB as Gingerbread was starting to crawl.
Old November 5, 2012, 08:39 AM
Rookie

Hi JD, I noticed there's no FM tuner in CM9..
I looked for an app that can do the same on Google Play but can't find anything, any idea how can I get a FM tuner on CM9?
It seems that they removed the FM tuner hardware from later models (SG2 and 3) but our model has the hardware to support it :)
Old November 12, 2012, 05:27 AM
Trial Member

Default Thanks so Much!! Help with S-Voice?

Hey this works brilliantly! Love it. Wondering if you can help me a little further. I now have jelly bean running on my GT-I9000M Bell phone. I downloaded a installed s-voice.zip and it loads but I get a network error when trying to use. Found that to fix the error one must edit the build.prop file to fake being an S3. I can't find that file even when using root access in the file browser. Instructions suggest its located under the /system folder but I see no such folder. Do you have this working and how to fix?

Much appreciated. CyanoGenMod rocks! Simplest way to upgrade the phone. Tried others and they all either were ridiculously complex or simply failed. This was simple no BS just worked. Awesome job!

Well just a little update, rebooting the phone and entering root explorer again suddenly I can see /system and the file in question. Edited and now S-Voice loads. Haven't been able to make it work quite properly yet.

Last edited by Martin2theMax; November 12, 2012 at 05:57 AM.