Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 9, 2012, 08:09 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
Be careful there. There are HUGE hardware differences differences between the T959 and the T959D/T959P. T959 is the T-Mobile version of the S1 which is mainly meant for networks using the 1700 AWS band (Mobilicity and Wind up here). Meanwhile the T959D is Telus' 3G+ version, and the T959P is Telus' 4G S1. With that said, I used my T959P on Rogers without an issue. The T959D version uses the same bands.
Thus my confusion, but knowing one Telus SGS works is comforting.

Now if only I could be certain the port issue is one of hardware. Managed to get the phone to connect to my computer and updated it via Kies (I know) to 2.3.3.

It'll only charge on certain cables. It'll reliably charge when plugged into my computer, but not when plugged into a wall charger, even when it's the same cable. Levering the connector at the phone can momentarily persuade it to start charging off the wall. Fiddling with the cable when it's plugged into the computer will also sometimes cause it to lose connection, but the connection is overall much more reliable.

Figure I'll try cleaning the USB port with a coffee filter, isopropyl alcohol and a twist tie, hope it's just the current owner has let it get grimy.
Old September 26, 2012, 08:04 PM
Rookie

Default Cant find APP icon

Hello Guys, back with another Issue, just update my phone to CM10 but i cant see APP icon any more i cant install APP anymore if i go to GOOGLE site it say "your device already have this item installed" plz help

Thanks
Old September 27, 2012, 04:56 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstsamurai02 View Post
Hello Guys, back with another Issue, just update my phone to CM10 but i cant see APP icon any more i cant install APP anymore if i go to GOOGLE site it say "your device already have this item installed" plz help

Thanks
Did you flash this as well? Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip
Old September 27, 2012, 06:50 PM
Rookie

thanks JD

ITS working FINE

Last edited by firstsamurai02; September 27, 2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old October 10, 2012, 08:48 AM
Rookie

Default it works fine but.....

Thanks alot JD. my phones running ics perfectly. the only thing is that i still have a bunch of apps in my sd card, or rather built in storage that are just lying there(mainly for apps installed from places besides the play store). Is there a way i can use those? Also can i delete the apps in my app drawer like rom manager, super user and terminal emulator.

thanks alot
Old October 11, 2012, 04:43 AM
F@H

My System Specs

You'll need the APK to re-install them.

ROM Manager, Super User (for root access), and Terminal Emulator are all "system" apps and cannot be easily removed. They don't really take up much space either, so I wouldn't worry about it. If you don't want to see them, install something like Apex Launcher as it allows you to hide apps.
Old October 11, 2012, 09:46 AM
Rookie

OK great. Also can you tell me what the gapps pics file was for. I think it was for pics apps but I already saw some installed before I went through that phase. And what if I downloaded a different file besides the one you mentioned which (seemed to be the latest) because it seems like im missing some basic apps that should have come with ics.
Old October 11, 2012, 02:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuhair Aamer View Post
OK great. Also can you tell me what the gapps pics file was for. I think it was for pics apps but I already saw some installed before I went through that phase. And what if I downloaded a different file besides the one you mentioned which (seemed to be the latest) because it seems like im missing some basic apps that should have come with ics.
gapps mainly gives you Talk and Play Store, the rest you'll have to install from the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=Google+Inc.
Old October 12, 2012, 01:17 AM
Rookie

What about kies and other USB options.?
Old October 12, 2012, 01:50 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Kies will not work anymore since it's no longer using Samsung firmware. USB in general should be fine though for copying files between the phone and your PC.