Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 1, 2012, 09:40 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Acer Timeline Ultra M3 & NVIDIA GT 640M Review Comment Thread

Acer's new Timeline Ultra M3 blazes a path that no others have been willing to take. By incorporating one of NVIDIA's new GT 640M Kepler-based graphics processors within their design, they have become the first company to include a gaming-grade GPU into an Ultrabook. It sounds great but does this combination actually work out as planned? We find out.

Read more here: Acer Timeline Ultra M3 & NVIDIA GT 640M Review
Old April 2, 2012, 06:45 AM

I've been told this review is overly negative.....guess some just don't like the truth about their purchases coming out.....
Old April 2, 2012, 07:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

You can only describe your experience with the laptop. That's why I like HWC...seems very unbiased/ honest. Glad to hear the 640 didn't disappoint.
Old April 2, 2012, 08:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I've been told this review is overly negative.....guess some just don't like the truth about their purchases coming out.....
I read through the review and from what it appears to me is that you had higher expectations of this unit but it consistently let you down of which I can totally agree with all your points!

Acer HAS become one of those companies that has gotten bad with the software pre-installed which is why whenever I sold a laptop in a store and they wanted us to set it up removal of bloat software was included in that price.

I can even say I have been fairly happy with Acer products but they really dropped the bomb on this one.
Old April 2, 2012, 09:10 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Who in their right mind would ever put the power button FRONT CENTER on a laptop? Did literally no one at Acer stop to think for a second? Hell, basic QA would tell you that was a bad idea. You'd actually have to turn off the power button in the power settings just to ensure you wouldn't accidentally touch it.

This entire laptop just seems like bad decisions after another. It's a shame the 640M has to be introduced to the world with this piece of crap.
Old April 2, 2012, 09:36 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

The ONLY good thing about it is the 640M, I used to buy new acers every 2-3 years, but the last one left a bad taste in my mouth(7 returns for warranty work in 8 months, then I had enough and sold it)
Old April 3, 2012, 04:06 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebusman View Post
Who in their right mind would ever put the power button FRONT CENTER on a laptop? Did literally no one at Acer stop to think for a second? Hell, basic QA would tell you that was a bad idea.
the people just below the people that put the power button next to the escape key?

it really boggles the mind how bad some 'designers' can get.
Old April 3, 2012, 04:40 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I've never been all that impressed with their laptops, but this one looks like a stinker.

Shaking my head, like everyone, at the power button placement...
Fold for team #54196
Old April 3, 2012, 05:46 AM

What, you don't mind the down-firing speakers or burning hot exterior temperatures? ;)
Old April 3, 2012, 06:02 AM
F@H

My System Specs

What the hell was acer thinking with this design? It's like they asked some teenages to design it and went with it...