Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Mobile Computing (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mobile-computing/)
-   -   Lap top cpu question (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mobile-computing/52830-lap-top-cpu-question.html)

clshades March 28, 2012 06:11 PM

Lap top cpu question

I have a t-series w350i Gateway computer. It's 2ghz dual core. It's fine for the most part except this annoying lag I get when the cpu flips from 900mhz to 2ghz. I would like to just KEEP it at 2ghz all the time. I don't often use it unplugged and if I do it's minimal amounts of time.

I have tried cranking everything in the power options high performance etc but it doesnt seem to do anything. The bios in these things are very very limited.

Any help with this would be great.

Thanks.

supaflyx3 March 28, 2012 06:13 PM

Turn off speedstep in the bios if its intel, or cool n quiet if its AMD.

clshades March 28, 2012 08:47 PM

unless there is a hidden shortcut i have no such option.

enaberif March 28, 2012 08:55 PM

SpeedswitchXP

Quote:

How to use Intel SpeedStep in Windows Seven 64 bit withe T7400 Core 2 Duo?

0. Verify that SpeedStep is enabled in the Bios of your Computer.

1. Download and unzip in your program folder :

. Cpuz64 (to see processor frequency in realtime)
. CrystalCPUIDx64 ( to change the frequency of your Core 2 Duo by SpeedStep)

2. Open cpuz64.exe and CrystalCPUIDx64.exe

3. In CrystalCPUID go in "Function" then "Intel Enhanced Speedstep Control"

4. In "New Multiplier" chose "6x" clic "Enable Change Voltage"

5. Click the button "Create Shorcut on Desktop"

6. Check Cpuz64 to see if the frequency really change when you click your new shorcut the frequency must change (2166.73Mhz to 999-1001Mhz).
It's perfectly working on my computer.
try those?

clshades March 29, 2012 04:18 AM

I'll try toinight. no speedstop option in bios tho.

clshades March 29, 2012 06:15 PM

ok this is pretty annoying. I have been googling where to download speedstep for my cpu. t5750 and I get so many random links it aint funny. I'd like it from the source obviously. I tried the dell one but it didnt work.

These are the specs for the most part other than its a gateway
Intel® Core)

While it says this cpu supports speedstep I dont see it anywhere in the bios. It's a monkey proof bios for all intensive purposes.

clshades March 29, 2012 06:25 PM

Its the most annoying lag on the planet. Every single time the cpu switches from 900mhz to 2000mhz the mouse cursor skips and jumps. Sucks balls.

I just want it to stay at 2ghz.

clshades April 4, 2012 06:15 PM

righto.. tried the crystal program... no options in there to use speedstep. Speedswitchxp doesnt work with win7 even in compatability mode/administrator. Adjusting the power options in windows didnt do anything either as it still flicks back and forth from 900mhz to 2ghz.

Pretty annoying feature i must say.

clone63 April 4, 2012 07:01 PM

Use CrystalCPUID to control the processor's stepping entirely. Just goodle "undervolt crystalCpuid" and you should get a guide. It will be even easier if all you want to do is set all multipliers the same and leave the voltages at stock.
Quick note, set the minimum and maximum CPU speed in windows power options as 100% for it to work properly.

clshades April 5, 2012 04:39 AM

Ok thanks i'll try it after work.
cheers!