Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 26, 2012, 03:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

WOW! I'd love one of those to replace my puny Optimus One, lol!
Old March 26, 2012, 05:44 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

My dad who just turned 65 bought a Samsung Galaxy Note the other day. He would like the same thing only with a 7 inch screen. I know that may sound crazy but what is after is a phone with a screen he can easily read. For an older person such as himself the Galaxy Note is the only smart phone out there for my dad to consider and it is because of its size that he chose it. Personally I think the Note was an excellent choice.
Old March 27, 2012, 10:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I still prefer my Galaxy Nexus, the note is to big for my taste, but I really interesting product. Kudos to Samsung.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old March 27, 2012, 12:18 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill View Post
My dad who just turned 65 bought a Samsung Galaxy Note the other day. He would like the same thing only with a 7 inch screen. I know that may sound crazy but what is after is a phone with a screen he can easily read. For an older person such as himself the Galaxy Note is the only smart phone out there for my dad to consider and it is because of its size that he chose it. Personally I think the Note was an excellent choice.
That is a great point my early 30-something eyes didn't even consider. A device like the Galaxy Note is a great device for those that need a bigger screen to see. Glad he is happy with it as it really is a fantastic piece of hardware.

For those curious about carrying it around, I really didn't have any issues keeping it on my person for the time I had with it. It went everywhere with me, and for the most part, it was in the front pocket of my Dickies shorts. No, you can't carry it in a pocket with tighter fitting pants, but I did get comfortable putting it in a back pocket. I just got used to pulling it out every time I went to sit down.
Old March 28, 2012, 10:10 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
They are both SAMOLED screens and resolution is different yes but that is simply because the screen size is larger.
Doesn't matter, the increased resolution on the Note makes a huge difference over the S2 and it will be even bigger when ICS gets released for the Note.
Old March 28, 2012, 10:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
Doesn't matter, the increased resolution on the Note makes a huge difference over the S2 and it will be even bigger when ICS gets released for the Note.
*sigh* Since you want to argue about this. Go look up blotches and spotting on the SAMOLED screens in darkness.

I hope the note doesn't have the same issue as the G2X because it is annoying but you don't see it very often.
Old April 9, 2012, 02:21 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Picked up a Galaxy Note for myself today. Will unlock the sucker so that I can take it to Asia this summer.

Fits in my jeans pocket no problems and the screen is amazing.
Fold for team #54196
Old April 9, 2012, 04:44 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Meta wants. But Meta will wait for the inevitable Note 2. (No, not the New Note, the Note 2).
Old April 19, 2012, 06:59 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Gotta tell you guys this thing is amazing. Having a tough time getting a screen protector I like that works well with the S-pen, but when I do I'll post in here.

Only thing is LTE reception is dodgy. I had it pretty good for a few days, and now it seems I have not had a LTE signal for a few days. Actually, tis happened shortly after I unlocked it (hardware unlock...not rooting, etc). I hope that has nothing to do with it.

That said, its an awesome device. Don't let the size of the screen scare you. I carry it around in my boot-cut jeans all day no problems.

Will have Ice Cream Sandwich in May some time. There will also be an upgraded suite of apps for the S-pen.

Here is a demo of the upgraded S-pen apps coming with ICS for the Note:
[GALAXY Note] Introducing Premium Suite with Ice Cream Sandwich - YouTube
Fold for team #54196
Old April 19, 2012, 08:11 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

chrisk, which provider are you with, because my LTE Note (unlocked) on Rogers has never had an issue getting an LTE signal, even after I unlocked it with the code.