Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 26, 2012, 03:10 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I checked with my local store, they said that they do not carry the Playbook or the Thrive. So yeah, but there is still the Asus Transformer and Transformer prime. What is the difference between the two they look pretty much the same to me. Also they have an Acer Iconia, is that any good? Finally they have a Samsung Galaxy. So yeah Still having trouble choosing between the four tablets. Any takers?
Old March 26, 2012, 03:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Prime is one of the fastest out there right now, quad core and Tegra 3, although not much is out to take advantage of the power. Transformer, IConia and Galaxy have very similar specs and some differing features. I tend to stick to ASUS as I have brand preference there and they are very well built. I would NOT discount the other tablets in comparison so you really need to hone it down to what you really want. ASUS has the best and easiest to use dock and noone can dispute the crazy battery life when docked of the Transformers.
Old March 26, 2012, 10:18 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thank you, I'll buy the Transformer prime next week. Thank you all for your help.

Last edited by Avenger212; April 1, 2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old March 27, 2012, 05:23 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Can't see how you will be disappointed. Prime is an awesome tablet, although pricey. It has power to spare and is about as futureproof as you can get in the short term. If you are new to tablets there is a learning curve and they do not perform flawlessly like a PC does with Windows. Android is buggy but tends to cooperate for the most part. Be sure to keep backups of any and all important data.

Tags
asus , mobile computing , tablet