Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 28, 2012, 10:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

Most of those battery apps don't really do much good.

If you want the best battery life root your phone and get a kernel if you can and use SetCPU
Old March 28, 2012, 11:27 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

One of my jobs as a programmer is working for a company that uses apple products to inspect vehicles for dealerships. This has forced me to use an iphone 4, Ipad2 and now Ipad 3 (equipment and bill paid by the company at least) and I left my android behind as a phone. this depresses me as I HAAAATE these friggin apple products, I hate being forced into being a sheep with ZERO customization abilities. I JUST 2 days ago got a free Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 as we are FINALLY after so much convincing from me and others creating an android counterpart to our software. The second we're live with it i'm ditching the apple products to the testing only bench and getting myself an android phone to go with my tab. Hands down I would NEVER buy an overpriced POS apple product by choice when there is an android counterpart.
Old April 6, 2012, 12:10 AM
Rookie

I'm still waiting to dual boot android on my touchpad, have they figured out all the problems they were having originally with video playback and wifi? Thanks
Old April 8, 2012, 06:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

eh. Well everything but the mic and camera seem to be working for the most part. Though some apps will not run at all or dont work properly (sky maps just shows a black screen but all buttons show up, and TSN crashes not that thats really much of a shame). Wifi works if the single is a bit weaker but apparently thats an issue with ICS.

And really I have yet to find 1 app that is better or wants to make me move. Email is a pain to use, all the hype about the gmail apps is very overrated in my opinion, no unified inbox, having to use another client for other email. I've gone back to WebOS for now, I just did not benefit at all from having android. Except in 1 way, I know now I never want an android phone. Why is that bar down there at the bottom always? Its huge and takes up a lot of room for no reason, WebOS has a slim one up top and even then its not always there. Yay for doing away with buttons properly on WebOS.

Still not understanding the battery life, must be one of the notification widgets I'm running, or having email checking to often in WebOS or something