Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 9, 2012, 07:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default asus just not sure which one ehhhhhhhh lol

Help Meeeee find the laptop i want to buy
OK well this is the facts i now have the coin for the laptop i really want i am just not sure which one to buy

I am looking at asus or acer prefer asus and i want one with dual hdd's or an ssd and 1 hdd with a 560 or 570 blue ray is not needed please throw out some options cause i am stuck i am just over shopping it now thanks for any and all help
Old March 9, 2012, 08:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ASUS - Notebooks- ASUS G53SX

now it says that it supports dual hdd's/ssd's does that mean that even if there's only one hdd in the laptop when i buy it i will be able to add an ssd or hdd

hell i would consider MSi but i ahve heard a few bad things about there laptops thoughts on this

Last edited by gingerbee; March 9, 2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old March 10, 2012, 11:36 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

My boss has that ASUS model at my recomendation and it is a really good machine. his does have dual hdd that each have two partitions on them. I think you can easily swap one out for a ssd with no problems but i have not done it.
Old March 10, 2012, 12:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Gingerbee cuz your a great guy"From what I've heard, could be all lies":P I will give you some advice from someone who fixes Asus laptops for a living... Dont get the G Series save yourself the headache of bad GPU's Constant heat issues, the power prongs breaking and many many more issues, go with my personal asus Favorite the N55 oooh so sexy and so fast, have yet to see one on RMA and just love this system, plus hit me up and I will give you employee pricing for all the good you do for the site :) also will upgrade you to 16gb of ram DDR3 1600 at no cost"Got so many spare ram kits" haha
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old March 10, 2012, 03:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That's wicked thanks soul and ya I know I still have to ship ya the iPhone but I will forsure and ya I will be buying very soon so I will get in touch in a day or 2 ok thanks a bunch
Old March 10, 2012, 06:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

or what about msi cause they have a couple that look pretty damn good
Old March 11, 2012, 11:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

MSI's New Regional Manager for the West Coast is my Mentor and why I stayed in the PC business"He Used to be with Asus" I will talk with him Monday see what we can get you, MSI builds amazing systems but their RMA is a ******* joke.. Personal experience moment :P

I sent a laptop to RMA Laptop was black,
2 months later they send me a notice they are shipping my laptop back.
a white laptop with all of another persons data on it from Ontario shows up.
I call and complain to find where my laptop is.
They send me to their new Richmond office.
The ******* RMA girl gets mad at me cuz I can speak Fluent Chinese
At this point this Cali boy looses it and Says Racist remarks which to this point I still feel bad about and will never do again.
I call back and ask for a manager... The manager of the Richmond branch only speaks Chinese....
So I call the US branch they deal with everything, Send me a new laptop within 2 days "Dave Lee At MSI HQ you are awesome" and tell me to keep the other one so at this point in time I got 2 laptops from the US branch one that random persons and the other was a gaming laptop.
This ordeal took over 3 months to complete start to finish.
The company I worked for dropped MSI as a brand they would carry and I have never bought another MSI item since.

Now with Jeff C Leading MSI now from Asus I have Faith they will be the next best company to deal with. That guy is a ******* Genius and I would buy with faith anything he is selling.

Long story short you will have quotes Monday :P
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”