Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 4, 2012, 03:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Koodo City is also no zones but you have to live within the cities they offer the City plan to get it.
Old February 4, 2012, 05:49 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Koodo City is also no zones but you have to live within the cities they offer the City plan to get it.
Yeah, I'm not sure why they advertise than as "zone free", since you only get unlimited local calling while you're inside your city. (ie. a zone)

It's essentially the same as the zoned plans that Chatr/Fido/Wind/Solo/Public all offer.
Old February 4, 2012, 06:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

No zones means no roaming charges no matter where you are. Outside your local calling area you pay |LD charges. Otherwise while in your local calling area you have unlimited use. I have the City plan on both our phones as we hardly travel and they charge per second for LD so it is very reasonable when needed.
Old February 4, 2012, 06:20 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
No zones means no roaming charges no matter where you are. Outside your local calling area you pay |LD charges. Otherwise while in your local calling area you have unlimited use. I have the City plan on both our phones as we hardly travel and they charge per second for LD so it is very reasonable when needed.
"Roaming" refers exclusively to using your phone on a network other than your carrier's.

This never happens for Fido, Chatr or Solo, and they all specifically refer to some their plans as being zoned - there's no difference in roaming between zoned and non-zoned plans.