Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 12, 2012, 01:48 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

How in the camera quality on the Razr compared to the iPhone? The camera on the GS2 is not as good (and the GS2 was supposed to be better than the Nexus).
Fold for team #54196
Old February 12, 2012, 02:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I have not taken any pictures outside yet, but inside it is ok. It is not as good as my point and shoot but then again I never thought it would be. Now it is certainly better than the iphone 3gs, my previous phone. Way quicker than that one as well, though not as quick as the nexus.

Hmm it is nice outside, so maybe I will go take a picture or two and post them here.

Old February 12, 2012, 03:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ok here are some pictures taken with my new Razr. All pictures were taken with no adjustments done on the phone. I can adjust exposure and other settings but for these I did not, mainly cause I have not looked at them yet. Oh yea, these were done with it set at 6MP instead of 8MP because I had changed that before and I forgot to change it back.

First is one shot I took inside. It was bright enough that it did not use the flash. End result is a decent picture though a little dark. I'm guessing if I had adjusted the exposure it would have come out a little closer to what it was actually like.

Now these are a bunch taken outside and again I have not changed any settings. I just pointed and shot.

And here is a video done with it. It was shot at 1080p.

Razr 1080p test - YouTube

Last edited by ipaine; February 13, 2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old February 13, 2012, 07:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I think my pictures look way better than iPhone pictures on my galaxy nexus, might just be the screen I am looking at (because the screen is wicked especially compared to the iPhone) but my pictures have better colour and you really can't tell the difference between 5 and 8 MP unless you are blowing the picture up, in which case I would use a real camera.