Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 15, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'd say regardless of ICS or not, the 720p 4.65" screen is enough to win me over to the nexus. Thing is beautiful. My brother has it, he says the battery life is fine. Hell, it can't be worse than the iphone

There's gonna be lots of customizations for the nexus also if that's your thing.
Old January 15, 2012, 01:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I guess the entire lack of an microSD slot and only the 16GB version here in Canada. I'm sure I will be happy with either one, but choosing is a bitch. Either way they are both better than the piece of crap iphone 3gs I have.

Does anyone know of any software that works like the Smart Actions the Razr has? I really like the idea of that software and from what I have read it works quite well on the Razr, cause it would be nice to have something like that on the Nexus.

Old January 15, 2012, 08:56 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Take a look at Locale; I was looking for something like the Razr's smart actions as well and that was suggested.
Does a good job and there are a ton of plugins to add functionality to it.
Old January 16, 2012, 09:09 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

After buying a Droid (Milestone) I will never ever buy another Motorola product again. Phone is a piece of junk
Old January 16, 2012, 09:27 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Milestone was a piece of junk, but the Razr is actually a pretty nice device.
Old January 16, 2012, 09:29 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Maybe so, but after the shitty phone and service I got from Motorola I dont care what their latest phone is I wont be buying it.
Old January 16, 2012, 10:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am waiting for February/march and getting the 32GB Nexus.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old January 16, 2012, 01:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
I am waiting for February/march and getting the 32GB Nexus.

Do you have info saying that they will have the 32GB then? So far the only one who has the 32GB from what I have seen is the Verizon LTE model.

Old January 20, 2012, 11:36 PM
Trial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
True, but the Nexus has rounded edges and razr doesn't, so it's not quite as comfortable to hold.

And people are going for the Nexus not just because it's ICS, but because it's a Google experience phone, meaning first to get updates, and also because the Nexus has a 720p Super Amoled screen. No one else has a screen like that out yet.
The only reason I've held off on buying the Galaxy Nexus so far is that the car dock for it (which I ordered mid-December from Bell) has still not arrived.

Now that it has been that long of a wait, and the RAZR MAXX (which will eventually have ICS, as well as other ICS-toting phones) is on the horizon, I'm not sure whether I will buy it at all.

The lack of MicroSD, and the weak speakerphone for navigation purposes (according to a pretty good recent review by Anandtech here: AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy Nexus & Ice Cream Sandwich Review) deter me. Having a battery that lasts 2 days would be a big thing for me too (I'm tired of carrying/charging two batteries when on trips).

by the way, for the above mentioned Anandtech review, they forgot to include the volume for the Nexus One (which I currently have), and that's 80dba at 3", for those of you who care. Just barely enough for me now when driving...
Old February 12, 2012, 02:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So I have gotten the Razr. Basically one of use at work got the Nexus and I got the Razr.

So far I am pretty impressed with it. The speed on it is just amazing coming from the iphone. I like the hdmi output on it and the speaker on it is quite good. The call quality is also very good, extremely clear.