Toshiba tablet (AT100/Thrive): initial impressions
Edit: see my post further down the page as I bought the AT100/Thrive
Thinking of picking one of these two up tonight:
Lenovo Thinkpad: Canada Computers | Notebooks, Netbooks & Tablets | Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet, 16GB - Android 3.1, 10.1" (1280x800) Multi-Touch LCD w/ IPS Technology and Gorilla Glass, NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core ARM, 1GB Memory, Dual Webcams, 3-in-1 Media Reader, mini HDM
Toshiba tablet: Toshiba 10.1" 32GB with Wi-Fi Tablet (AT100-004) : Android Tablets - Best Buy Canada
Both of these have a few requirements that I will not budge from:
1. 10in screen
2. Full USB port
3: HDMI video out
4. Android, and Market access out of the box.
Any suggestions? Is there another I am missing? Asus Transformer does not meet requirements above, otherwise it looked good.
lenovo has gorilla glass and a digitizer pen and a notetaking app that has handwriting rtecognition
downside is lenovos shipping time isnt that stellar based on their laptops..
Is the gorilla glass worth it?
Ended up getting the Toshiba. Happy so far
A few days with the Toshiba AT100 Tablet (called the Toshiba Thrive in the US) and here are the pros and cons:
- full size USB and HDMI
- USB handles any jump drive I throw at it no problem
- USB port can use a USB keyboard and mouse. I plugged in a wireless USB dongle, and was able to use a wireless keyboard and mouse instantly. If you include the HDMI out, it is very possible to use this tablet like a PC, without any type of dock. Just us the existing ports.
- SD cards mount no problem
- battery life is good
- solid wireless N connections
- replaceable battery, without voiding warranty
- Honeycomb version 3.1 stock. Tegra 2 performs good. Very responsive.
- full charge in about an hour. See cons below, however.
- its a bit thick, due to the replaceable back and full-sized ports
- the battery charger is the same size as a small laptop adapter. No USB charging.
- US reviews of the same unit mention that the Thrive comes with Logmein Ignition. Seems the Canadian version does not.
So far, really liking this tablet. Toshiba has said that Ice Cream Sandwich will be available in the US for the Thrive, so hopefully it will make it to Canadian units as well.
After extensively researching almost every tablet out there I am going to purchase the 32GB Thrive. The Thrive community has a very good forum happening at: Toshiba Thrive Forums
Like the HWC community and forum has done for me many times over, the Thrive forum has helped me make a final informed decision on what to spend my hard earned cash on.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Are you planning on buying one? Now that I live in the US, I'm learning all about Black Friday shopping and am hoping to get a great deal on a 32 GB Thrive this weekend.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
lol he bought one... his initial review on it is in post #5
Ooopsie. Tend to look at only the first or last posts sometimes. No rhyme or reason to my madness.
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:25 PM.|