Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 19, 2012, 08:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'd much prefer if it had a microSD slot, I just don't see how you would need that many songs, variety or not, I'm sure if you took the time, you could really clean up that music list.
Agreed.

A micro SD slot is a good thing yes, but I don't think the lack of one is worth considering other inferior phones. 15,000 songs is over a months worth of straight playing time, if you really listen to your phone that much.... err I don't know, that' s just so much songs!

Personally I don't even like more than 1000 songs, I guess I'm just picky. And actually the reason why I'll be hanging onto my galaxy S for so long is the amazing audio chip in it, paired with voodoo sound puts out sound quality similar to my auzentech prelude Even if I got a new phone, I'd keep this one for portable audio payer for it's superb audio quality (nexus S also).
Old January 20, 2012, 12:01 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Not skipping anything, it is about selection. I want a variety depending on what Im doing or what kind of mood Im in.

Either way I broke down and bought Galaxy Nexus yesterday. Now Im sitting here trying to decide what to put on it for music.
Quote:
How do you guys really need 15,000 songs, I mean you must be skipping 99% of them.
Old January 20, 2012, 02:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Isn't 7digital just streaming it like Google Music? If it is then you don't really need storage for those 15k songs, just a Wifi connection or a good data plan. You can also just download and save songs songs from your library that you think you'll be listening to in the next little while, while at home and then if you want to listen to anything you don't have saved, just stream it to save some bandwidth. That's the point of Google Music and 7digital (assuming it works the same way), isn't it? Anyways, yea I think I'm going to pick this phone up right away since Rogers just started carrying them.
Old January 20, 2012, 05:43 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

7digital is like itunes. You buy music and can DL to your phone or to your pc or whatever. I like to pay $50 a month so Im on the small data plan so I wont be streaming a whole lot. I have about 11GB of music loaded now, that will do it for now and Ill just change albums out as I get new ones.
Old January 20, 2012, 07:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just in case you guys don't know.... Telus has the Galaxy Nexus for $550, and Galaxy S2X for $500. I'm tempted to get the Galaxy S2X.....

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/telus...tract-1130914/
Old January 20, 2012, 07:59 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

That's through telus' employee offers though, you need to know someone, it's not going to be available at this price for everyone.
Old January 20, 2012, 08:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
That's through telus' employee offers though, you need to know someone, it's not going to be available at this price for everyone.
Go through the RFD thread. Lots of people got employee logins and PMing them out ;)
Old January 20, 2012, 09:01 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I actually just messaged one of my ex coworkers, forgot he moved to Telus. :)
Old January 20, 2012, 09:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I actually just messaged one of my ex coworkers, forgot he moved to Telus. :)
I'm debating whether to get a Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy S2X.... Those phones are too big :(
Old January 21, 2012, 05:31 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Nexus is a better device than the S2X, everything about the Nexus, aside from lack of a microSD is better than the Hercules.
And they're not too big, the Nexus is amazingly ergonomic considering it's size.

Last edited by Eluder; March 13, 2012 at 06:00 AM.