Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 29, 2011, 12:08 PM
Default Student buying his first tablet. Leaning towards the Thinkpad Tablet. Advice?

Hey guys,

Just to preface this thread, I have never owned a tablet, or even an android phone. All my phones have been Blackberries iPhones. Therefore, I am pretty in the dark in the tablet world, I have just started re

That out of the way, I am an engineering student interested in buying a tablet. Although I want to use it for multimedia purposes I would also like to be able to use it as a productivity tool.

The Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet caught my eye as a good choice. I have always been a fan of Thinkpad engineering, and suspect their tablet will be a quality product.

One of the big selling features for me is the fact that it comes with a stylus, and is set up to use it. It would be awesome if my tablet could become my primary method of taking notes.

Here is my question. Is this a stupid time to be buying a new Tegra 2 tablet? From what I have read Tegra 3 is just around the corner.

Thanks guys,

Old November 14, 2011, 09:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

well tegra 3 is just around the corner. I would also consider the asus transformer series.
and now for something completely different